Degrees will often be for Animal Science with a sheep concentration.
· Associate’s Degree (2 years)
· Bachelor’s Degree (4 years)
· Master’s Degree (Varies)
· Doctorate Degree (Varies)
Sheep science encompasses sheep production and management. Students will learn how to raise sheep through sciences within anatomy, physiology, reproduction, nutrition and health.
Coursework may cover the following areas: Anatomy and Physiology, Nutrition, Genetics, Sheep Science, Sheep Production, Biology, Reproduction, Grazing and Pasture Management, Evaluation and Selection, Animal Health & Welfare, Marketing
Potential Career Paths
· Additional certifications available
· Animal handling experience
· Livestock judging
· Meat judging
· Certified A.I.
· Internship or work experience related to animal agriculture
· Veterinary school with proper pre-requisites