· Associate’s Degree (2 years)
· Bachelor’s Degree (4 years)
· Master’s Degree (Varies)
· Doctorate Degree (Varies)
Students learn to enhance our quality of life by creating, designing, and developing better processes to manufacture materials or products. Skills and expertise for chemical engineers is extremely diverse, however, areas in chemical engineering such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, alternative energy, and specialty chemicals all play a huge role in the agricultural industry.
Coursework may cover the following areas: Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Thermodynamics, Organic Chemistry, Health and Safety, Engineering Assembly, Mechanics, Innovation, Physical Chemistry, Electricity and Optics
Potential Career Paths
· Food Safety/Quality Assurance Manager
· Additional certifications available
· Internship or work experience related to chemistry
· Laboratory experience related to chemistry
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.