The Credit Analyst will have several main task areas which require a full understanding of the sales to cash flow of the business and country she/ he is in charge of: monitors performance of portfolio assigned, anticipates potential issues, keeps marketing organization aware of potential problems with customers, recommends & implement course of remedial action and improvement programs which drives cash flow/ DSO performance of portfolio assigned, develops and maintains good relationships externally and internally in the interest of the ongoing and future business.
JOB DESCRIPTION (functional responsibilities):
- To ensure full understanding and compliance of the GCP
- To be compliant and execute the Internal control KCAs
- To understand the Business: nature, growth, strategy to achieve that growth, type of customers, country specifics, products, seasonality, sales organization structure, global credit organization. Know the warehouse cut-off times, lead time from the moment order is placed till the material should be released (the latest)
- To provide the required input to the Credit Specialist in preparation of the Cash Calls following the standard report and participate if required
- To be the key contact for the business/ customers interactions for the portfolio assigned.
- To be responsible for the portfolio assigned from the entire Credit Cash Collection process (mainly "C" customers)
- To identify improvement opportunities and share them with the Credit Specialist. To be able to drive and support them
- To actively participate in the regular meetings with the Credit Specialist
- To understand the accounts assigned in High Risk countries and take necessary actions to control the risk, in coordination with the Credit Specialist
- To respond to Customer Queries
- To request additional remittance details for Cash Application Team when needed
- To be responsible for Order Releases for overdue of his/ her own portfolio
- To set up and execute Get paid Strategies and Risk Categories of the portfolio assigned
- To provide input of customer level details to Order Hold Metrics report and take the required actions to eliminate unnecessary order holds
- To use and daily execute Get Paid System
- To allow/ collect Unearned Discounts as appropriate within DOA
- To ensure fluent and adequate communication channels are in place with the rest of Credit roles at the Centers
- To provide input of customer level details to Collection Effectiveness Files for sharing with Business to drive improvement in customer Past Due performance
- To be responsible for doubtful accounts assigned as per GCP and process
- Day-by-day working to achieve daily processing objectives
- Develops and maintains good relationships externally with customer's financial organization, in the interest of the ongoing and future business, and internally with key persons such as Customer service, Sales/ Marketing and AR team
- To know and implement a series of operating procedures that demand attention to detail under pressure conditions
Freedom to act:
- Proactive identification and independent resolution of financial/accounting matters within the team
- Freedom to act within the limits of defined policies and best practices
- Ongoing dialogue with the team members and the Team Leader
- Facilitate interactions with internal /external customers and third parties (Customers/ Credit Managers/ Customer Service/ Sales/ AR Team/ Legal)
- Day-by-day pressure to meet daily processing objectives for the team vs. the individual
- Continuous training mode both for recycling as well as for application of new operating procedures
Knowledge & experience:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience in credit, finance, accounting, customer service and/ or sales will be a plus.
- Business proficiency in English and Turkish is a must, as well as either German or French; any additional language skill will be a plus.
- PC skills: demonstrated ability to work with email programs and MS Office tools.
Skills & attributes:
- Computer literate and experience working with dSAP, GetPaid, BW
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure