Information Technology (IT) App Developer
An IT App Developer, or a mobile developer, designs, builds, tests, produces, and improves mobile apps for a business.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Design and develop mobile applications for iOS and Android per the company’s technology and communications vision or strategy
- Create visually appealing as well as intuitive user interfaces
- Analyze, review, and assess user requirements, specifications, and models for understanding the needs of the user
- Gather information for the app development via interviews, focus groups, research, etc.
- Document internal and external source code
- Create implementation and test specifications for new applications; participate in testing
- Handle support and documentation of the mobile applications created
- Troubleshoot and implement testing solutions
- Work closely with marketing and business team members as well as other developers to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Participate in future mobile app development plans and discussions
What education and training is required?
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, MIS, information technology, or software engineering is required.
To pursue a career as an IT App Developer:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, mathematics and computer courses.
IT App Developers work for medium to large-scale agricultural companies of varying types. They may also work for non-profits or government agencies.
Future Job Market/Outlook
The future outlook for an IT App Developer will be good over the next five years.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- National Association of Programmers
- Network Professionals Association
- Software Development Forum