Information Technology Configurator
A role as an IT configurator is functional consulting role usually specializing in the configuration of large software products.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Prepare gap analysis on one program version to the highest program version
- Configure various modules to meet specific business requirements
- Design and develop interfaces, reports and forms
- Test software
- Provide post implementation support
- Plan and lead software upgrades
- Utilize conceptual understanding of other functional areas
- Establish time schedules with the programming and business sections for computer programming and configuration scheduling
- Ensure that adequate documentation and internal communication is provided so that users are aware of impacts of change
- Facilitate process improvement and develop new functionality of software used within the business
What education and training is required?
A master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering is required.
To pursue a career as an IT configurator:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, computer courses, mathematics and coding.
Where can I work?
IT configurators can work can a variety of companies that require advanced IT assistance in managing their operating systems.
Future Job Market / Outlook
The future outlook for an IT configurator will be good over the next five years.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Network Professionals Association
- Software Development Forum