For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Director, Technology Management- Erlanger, KY
This is an exempt level position.
The Office of the CIO houses many of the cross-functional business management capabilities for both our IT team and our Global Business Services team. This senior level role is a trusted partner to the Core Leadership Team for our IT and Global Business Services organizations.
This role is accountable for overall Financial Management (planning, budgeting and forecasting), annual operating plans (strategy execution and accountability cadence), and annual goalsetting (coordinating the creation of harmonized goals, cascading goals into the organization, and providing ongoing scorecard into goal execution).
Specific to the technology organization, the role manages the IT strategy (north star, strategy on a page, and the IT "story"), the IT operating model (IT capabilities), IT governance (how decisions are made), and IT performance management (how we measure our success).
This role reports to Vice President, OCIO and PMO.
- 15 or more years in IT and business/industry
- A minimum of five to seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Exhibits ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate priorities and adapt to new/evolving individual and team assignments as adjustments are needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how the project can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Interact and deal effectively with all levels of employees while maintaining a professional manner; willingness and effectiveness in challenging the status-quo
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
- Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, overtime, or a variety of shifts, when needed, to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel by auto and air as needed to achieve business objectives
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information services, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Manages the team of people who make up the office of the CIO.
- Is responsible for driving focus and prioritization within the IT organization through establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes.
- Oversees the development of the overall IT strategy and the annual goal-setting across IT and GBS functions to ensure strategy execution through leadership accountability.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance — as well as performance management frameworks and metrics — to ensure the IT organization delivers value to the enterprise.
- Works with IT leadership and business leadership teams to provide broad insight to IT domains and capabilities in support of enterprise-wide business decisions.
- Partner with IT Global Process Owner to establish and implement continuous-improvement programs for the IT organization.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the IT organization and the user and customer communities.
- Is responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the IT organization.
- Regularly review IT costs and cost structures for IT services and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT and business executives.
- Manages some strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Oversee IT workforce management in alignment with the IT Talent Strategy and in partnership with HR, including the sourcing, training and development of staff.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.