Job Title:SCL Quality Operations Manager Location:Independence, MO, Mid-West United States, USA Company:Zoetis Industry Sector:Agribusiness Industry Type:Animal Health Career Type:Logistics/Distribution Job Type:Full Time Minimum Years Experience Required:8 Salary:
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company"s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This position reports to the Regional US/Canada Supply Chain & Logistics Quality Leader.
The SCL Quality Operations Manager will have overall responsibility to assure quality objectives are met by Zoetis internal Logistics Centers (LCs) and by external Logistics Services Providers (LSPs) and to provide internal quality consulting to Zoetis SCL and Commercial leaders within the US.
The SCL Quality Operations Manager will oversee the risk-based approach to managing quality aspects of internal sites and external partners that include: logistic centers, contractors, distributors, logistics service providers. Assessment of contract partners will be performed using Key Performance Indicators.
The SCL Quality Operations Manager will work closely with ESQA, SCL and GES organizations to coordinate business activities, communicate priorities, drive problem to resolution and proactively work to maintain product supply.
The SCL Quality Operations Manager will develop plans to ensure that Quality Strategy objectives are met.
Organizational Quality Responsibilities
* Serving as a quality culture role model and promoting a strong Quality & Compliance culture that translates into a Right- First-Time mindset and insures the effectiveness of the Quality Management System. * Ensuring Quality System Standards and Processes are appropriate and up to date for the SCL Quality US and aligned with Regional and Global Standards and Processes.
SCL Quality Functional and Process Responsibilities
* Development and Management of US Quality Process Goals and Metrics. * Develop and Maintain the appropriate Risk Management Process and mechanisms for managing Logistics Centers and/or LSPs product supply channels. * Ensure Quality Products are available to the marketplace by managing key processes that include: temperature monitoring/excursions; master data; licenses; labeling; product release in the Warehouse Management System * Conduct internal audits or inspections at US Logistics Centers to ensure Good Distribution Practices are followed * Support on projects related to SCL Quality as leading or key role (owner) for SCL QO US. * Support on investigation of product quality complaints and deviations when related to Supply Chain and Logistics processes * Ensure adequate Quality oversight is provided for LSPs, Distributors, Repackers and Transporters in the US * Ensure that Quality Agreements are in-place, adequate, current, and in-use, when required * Assist Operations in Supply Flexibility and maintaining compliance / adherence to Zoetis Standards (especially for market launches; transfers; change control; and late labeling if applicable) * Establish strong working relationships with regulatory and commercial personnel. Work as a Quality Partner with SCL, regulatory and commercial to advise / train on key Quality Standards and Processes. * Tactical deployment of problem solving and other methodologies leading to continuous improvements in the US and Customer channels; Develop CAPA and monitor CAPA effectiveness.
* Bachelor"s degree in a Life Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent;
* Significant Operations and/or Quality experience (8+ years) in Animal Health/Human Heath manufacturing/Distribution * Ability to understand and communicate with a wide range of external business models/entities * Audit lead role experience - audit certification is a plus * Problem solving in a volatile environment * Working knowledge of pharmaceutical product transportation channels and LSPs * Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a matrix organization * Experience in working with FDA, USDA regulations.
Technical Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated success in a Quality Operations Role * People Management - demonstrated leadership skills * Firm understanding of Quality Management Systems * Ability to communicate and influence broadly - especially with external entities * Continuous Improvement and break-thru thinking * Experience with SAP is a plus * Travel: Estimated 10% travel
This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.