Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company"s dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend on.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.
Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
The Petcare & Diagnostics Manager, Training and Curriculum Development is an integral member of the Learning & Development (L&D) team. This position is HQ-based in Parsippany, NJ serving the US learning needs of both our Petcare & Diagnostics Business Units. The expectation is for this manager to develop strong working business unit relationships working collaboratively with partners to support their marketing and business strategies via effective learning program development. This will be done through managing a team and executing on the cross-portfolio approach while participating as a developer and facilitator of content. Content may be done through building engaging distance and in-person learning programs for the field sales professionals. Also, this manager should develop strong working relationships with Area Business Managers and Regional Business Directors to ensure that learning programs are appropriate to business needs and are well supported through manager coaching. This position requires the development of sound instructional design for learning content as well as the direct responsibility to coordinate and facilitate workshop sessions.
These initiatives could include, but are not limited to:
* Working closely with stakeholders to understand key business strategies and to develop materials focused on defined learning objectives that drive those business objectives.
* Work to bring together and integrate a cross portfolio approach.
* Help evaluate and edit existing learning programs using instructional design principles and adult learning theory.
* Provide facilitation of content workshops in person and online.
* Coordinate and support program trainer sessions and rollouts as appropriate
* Create, maintain and evolve related curricula based on business needs
* Use learning technologies and collaboration tools (e.g., MS Office, quiz and survey tools, Webinar tools, Articulate Storyline, file sharing, etc.)
* Influence and collaborate with cross functional Commercial stakeholders to share best practices and partner on solutions
* Program facilitation
* Measures and reports on business impact of learning programs
* Work with L&D team and Business Unit (BU) leadership to proactively and reactively develop detailed and instructionally sound learning programs
* Uses technology to engage learners to meet learning objectives
* Develops engaging learning reinforcement leveraging short videos, audio podcasts, quizzing and gamification concepts
* Takes ownership and accountability for final deliverables and resolves issues to achieve own work objectives; alerts others when a process is not working and recommends solutions
* Interacts on a continual basis with the L&D team and BU leadership to effectively communicate, support and execute initiatives
* Facilitates workshops, virtual instructor-led sessions, or other business unit meetings as the needs and opportunities present themselves
* Demonstrates an understanding of L&D processes and how alignment with collaborative partners across business units contributes to meet the overall Zoetis business objectives
* Learning and Development
* USLT Members
* Marketing Petcare & Diagnostics
* Human Resources
* Business Operations
* External Vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College Degree (BS, BA, or related degree); Master"s degree preferred
* Candidate should have minimum 8-10 years of successful sales experience in animal health or human pharmaceuticals
* Candidate should have minimum 5+ years" work experience in the training and/or learning environment
* Strong instructional design experience; detail and solution-oriented
* Must be able to interact with team members and stakeholders in a problem-solving, constructive manner
* Ability to think strategically/creatively and juggle multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment with the flexibility & adaptability to change priorities as needed
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Engaging presentation skills
* Ability to collaborate, adapt and follow up; solutions-oriented
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint) skills required
* Full understanding and experience with an array of authoring tools (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
* Experience working with SCORM and learning management systems
* Highly organized and exceptional detail-orientation
* Ability to coordinate complex and interrelated projects
* Strong sense of urgency and desire to achieve objectives
* Above average communication and interpersonal skills