Do you have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience? Are you a CPA? Do you have experience in ERP, JDE Oracle, and advanced Excel skills? Do you have strong attention to detail and great organizational skills with a high level of accuracy? If so, we'd like to hear from you! We're seeking a top-notch Accountant interested in the opportunity to join a solid organization and contribute directly to business success.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Accountant is responsible for establishing and maintaining a thorough understanding of Wilbur-Ellis General Ledger processes to ensure that system functionality and performance meet current and future requirements. The Accountant will work closely with the branches and managers to maintain an accurate fixed asset record and sustain the company policy in capitalization and approval process. Will participate in month-end closing activities, perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis and reporting, and assist in state and local tax reporting requirements.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years General Ledger Accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Strong business acumen skills to understand the business and impacts to the financials
- Excellent communication skills in working with resources from varying levels within the organization
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and other database tools
- Solid experience using ERP and Financial Analytics systems
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills including ability to document and effectively manage large data sets
- Team orientation and attitude to collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be customer service oriented
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Responsible for full fixed asset accounting cycle, including but not limited to:
- Review supporting documentation to ensure assets are being capitalized or expensed in accordance with GAAP and with Company established capitalization policy
- Coordinate and maintain capital request approval process
- Prepare and present capital expenditure report to management
- Research and document taxability prior to asset capitalization and be the knowledge expert on state and local asset taxability (i.e. sales & use taxes)
- Monitor and reconcile CIP accounts to ensure timely and complete capitalization
- Reconcile fixed asset balances to GL to ensure accuracy and Fixed Asset System data integrity
- Participate in audits by providing research and supporting documents
- Assist in state and property tax reporting
- Support standalone business and provide daily guidance to operations to ensure accounting functions in compliance with company policy and system/data integrity
- Perform complex financial and operational analysis and reporting to support management in business decision making and strategic planning, including but not limited to:
- Analyze underlying costs associated with services provided to customers
- Support cash flow projection
- Support ROI analyses on capital expenditures
- Support financial review and variance analysis to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Responsible for intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Communicate effectively with responsible parties to resolve discrepancies
- Review sales and purchases to comply with GAAP and company policy
- Review and process $3.5M ProCard transactions monthly to ensure accurate reporting
- Analyze and estimate sales and use tax accrual for ProCard transactions
- Support payment audit programs such as fraud, duplicate payments, etc.
- Participate in month-end closing activities and prepare for GL reconciliations
- Understand the complexity of reports that requires extensive analysis and interpretation of data and draw logical conclusions based on various perspectives
- Understand the implication of tasks assigned and identify the best approach to handle them
- Document processes and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some travel required - up to 3 weeks per year
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are a current Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Job Code: STAFF04654