Verdesian has six Sales positions open, one (ST&I) in Saskatchewan, Canada and NUE open positions - two on West Coast, two on East Coast/Southern USA and one in Southern Illinois, USA. View on www.vlsci.com, Careers - View Current Opportunities to apply to any opening. Come join our Team!
Account Manager, Seed Treatment & Inoculants - Southern Saskatchewan, Canada
The Account Manager - Canada Southern Saskatchewan will be responsible for prospecting, acquiring, and building Verdesian’s base of retailers within an assigned territory selling and representing the Verdesian portfolio, including seed treatment and inoculant products, fertilizer enhancers, plant health, and micronutrients. The role will include servicing and training potential/newly acquired retailers on product benefits and usage, pipeline launches and will be supported by strategic marketing plans and product trainings.
- Sales Leadership: Think/Act/Be like the Southern Saskatchewan franchise owner!
- Drive business growth in assigned region calling on and building business with new retailers, establishing a recurring book of business, to achieve territory revenue and profit targets
- Own the entire sales cycle from cold calling and initial retailer engagement to selling products and managing the retailer – utilizes a sales process from prospect to close to follow-thru
- Develop business plans to strategically target retailers in assigned territory forecasting future sales and budgets. Leverage and execute lead generation campaigns and research trials as appropriate
- Populate customer relationship management (CRM) tool on weekly basis
- Product: Thrilled by the Nutrient Use Efficiency category
- Driving innovative technologies including Inoculants, micronutrients, fertilizer enhancers, and plant health products
- Maintain a high-level of product knowledge & develop strong relationships to become a consultant with prospective/acquired retailers overcoming market challenges and positioning the value of Verdesian products
- Growth phase – how to triple the business?
- Facilitate business relationships contributing to public relations
- Lead participation of Verdesian efforts in local trade shows and events
- Cooperate with Field Research team in assigned territory
- Other AM duties not listed above as required
- Strong desire to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic & growing team
- Interest & belief in the importance of nutrient use efficiency
- Experience selling inoculants, fertilizer enhancers, and/or micronutrients a plus
- Minimum work experience of 5 years full time exempt sales experience in Agriculture industry
- Preferred education of BA or BS degree in Agriculture related field
- Confidentiality, proprietary trust, and professional judgment
- Perform role of a leader by motivating and inspiring others to perform well, while displaying passion and optimism regarding the business
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop deep working relationships
- Ability to clearly articulate product value proposition based on retailer needs
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Effective time management and organization skills to succeed in fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in business to business sales environment
RECRUITING AGENCIES - PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT COMPANY