(This position is home-based and the employee should reside somewhere in the South Eastern United States with easy access to an airport. Will require frequent travel to customer hatcheries. )
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to United Animal Health (UAH) customers and sales force for its HeadStart (HS) program. You will help to expand UAH business by bringing high level customer service, knowledge, insights, solutions and relationships to achieve optimal long-term use of our HeadStart products with targeted poultry accounts. The Field Support Technician will be responsible for traveling within the United States to help with the installation, repair and technical support of the automated HeadStart Dispensing Units (HSDU) and application of the HS product and its components.
- Conduct a site survey to select appropriate location for equipment and customer needs
- Work with customer and sub-contractors to accomplish successful equipment installation and operation
- Install and configure new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- Advise customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Align, adjust, or calibrate equipment according to specifications.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Understand customer requirement and be able to recommend solutions to customer problems.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Disassemble machines to examine parts, such as wires, gears, or bearings for wear or defects, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Repair, adjust, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Maintain parts inventories and order any additional parts needed for repairs.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Clean, oil, or adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines' operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Complete repair bills, shop records, time cards, or expense reports.
- Computers and Electronics
- Poultry/Animal Production
- Customer and Personal Service
- Basic electrical wiring, plumbing, welding and fabrication
- English Language - Spanish is a plus!
- This position requires an Associate’s degree (Animal Science/Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent degree from an accredited institution. In lieu of degree, will accept two (2) years’ experience in a related field. Such fields may include livestock handling, husbandry, and healthcare, veterinary clinical assistance, and/or scientific animal research.
Relevant Job Experience:
- This person should have substantial knowledge of livestock husbandry, handling, and health, sufficient to execute the tasks as assigned.
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of animal agriculture industry preferred
- Knowledge of product planning and product introduction principles and processes
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Balance technical expertise as well as high levels of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Owns communication externally with the customer and internally at UAH
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently, yet function and participate as part of a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Champion of UAH Culture
Paid time off, Parental leave, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Other types of insurance, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Gym memberships or discounts, Commuting/travel covered, Employee discounts