The Health and Safety Coordinator will report to the Health and Safety Manger - Eastern Region. The HSE Coordinator is responsible for ensuring awareness of, and compliance with Nutreco' s HSE standards and requirements in the area of Health, Safety and Environment. The HSE Coordinator will execute the operational plans, that aim at implementation, monitoring, and improvement of HSE policies and standards in order to minimize risks and improve HSE performance at the St. Mary's facility.
Develop, organize, manage, maintain, and administer the Health and Safety Program in collaboration with management and the Health and Safety Committees.
This includes the assessment of and compliance of the system (internal and external audits, workplace inspections, measurement and monitoring of data) and that improvements/corrections are implemented.
HSE Policy, Plans & Standards
- Contributes to the development of HSE policies, procedures, and standards by recommending changes, signaling needs, trends and opportunities at the facility in order to assure full compliance to HSE standards and continuously improve the HSE performance
- Implement new or revised policies, programs and standards and practices
- Develops safe standard work practices (SOP) and procedures with plant management.
- Executes and/or participates in various HSE improvement projects for the facility
HSE Tools and Systems, Reporting & Analysis
- Manages, implements, maintains, and improves local HSE systems in line with Nutreco policy and procedures, relevant legislation, (certification) norms
- Reports the required information on HSE performance / progress
- Analyses the relevant lagging and leading indicators / KPI's for the facility, in order to take or recommend appropriate actions
Incidents and investigations
- Executes all activities related to incidents (i.e., analysis, registration, and follow-up), follows-up on non-conformities
- Executes and/or participates in various HSE improvement projects for the plant / site; may prepare / submit relevant permit applications
Risk management, Inspection & Audits
- Monitors HSE performance / conformance through safety and housekeeping inspections; Recommends actions for improvement.
- Collaborates with management and staff to identify and correct potential HSE hazards.
- Executes and/or coordinates internal inspections, internal audits and investigations and initiates and realizes corrective actions in case of deviations,
- Complete hazard assessments of all job functions.
- Maintains the Global Harmonized System Program, including current MSDS and staff training.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and maintenance of emergency preparedness plans.
- Be Familiar with Workers' Compensation Board regulations and policies and work collaboratively with HR to provide support.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient safety equipment is available to all employees.
- Work closely with third party contractors ensuring their workers comply with safety legislation while at the facility.
- Coordinates and/or executes relevant training programs, introduction, and instruction programs on HSE
- Maintains safety training records and certifications of employees
- Formal education in suitable technical or safety related disciplines,
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in HSE management systems.
- Certification in risk management and health/safety management
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.