Nature of Position:
The Sow Production Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring all breed to wean operations including its assets and employees. This position will supervise five Regional Managers, and partner with the various other aspects of live production i.e., Grow Finish, Milling & Nutrition, Vet Services, etc. They will be responsible for ensuring safety, execution, direction, and coordination of all breed to wean matters within the organization. This includes, managing budgets, directing teams, setting, achieving production goals and ensuring that all legal requirements are met. This person must utilize communication, problem solving, and time management skills to effectively lead these areas.
- Direction of all sow farm activities.
- Mange, coach, train and develop staff.
- Ensure SOP requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost.
- Responsible for developing production budgets, expense budgets, and capitol planning.
- Monitor operations to ensure compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety regulations, and contracts.
- Promote safe work activities by promoting a safety culture, conducting audits and meeting with individual staff members when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of operations department to obtain best use of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities to process improvements.
- Management of contract relationships.
- Seek advances in technology to improve workplace processes.
- Assure that TriOak Farms are always in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Timely communication of the status of production targets.
- Facilitate timely actions in response to any external or internal audits.
- BS degree in Animal Science, Agricultural Business, or related field.
- 7 + years of experience working in animal agriculture.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and willing to work independently.
- Effective at solving problems and making decisions as needed.
- Proven experience as a self-starter and takes initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, managers, owners, and internal customers.
- Proven experience in staying organized and maintaining focus on critical deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.