Business Unit Director - North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia
Created in 1959, Timac Agro / the Roullier Group is a world-wide leader in Plant and Animal nutrition products and operates in more than 50 countries around the world. We are expanding the growth of our business and are actively recruiting for a Business Unit Manager to lead sales efforts in the NC/SC/VA region. Strong knowledge of Agriculture (fertilizers, biostimulants, crop protection, seeds, etc.) is required.
Oversees the performance of a designated territory. Oversees employees and develops a strategy for continued growth.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Expert Product knowledge and sales pitch information
- Be in touch with their Regional Sales Manager s or ATC s (if they don t have RSM s) on a weekly basis (minimum.)
- Monitor sales rep productivity and provide efficient reporting to headquarters.
- Sales / Gross Margin
- GPS movements
- Time off
- Employee performance issues
- Ensure challenges are supported
- Manage excellence as well as poor performance.
- Complete weekly activity report and submit to Executive Assistant by Monday morning.
- Meet with growers at the request of Regional Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Host effective grower meetings
- Organize, promote and maximize value of the event
- Work with local Product Managers to:
- Provide feedback on effectiveness of existing products.
- Suggest with new formulations for their customers needs.
- Understand ongoing local grower and university trial.
- Intensify relationships with dealers and develop new ones.
- Seek and investigate partnership and acquisition opportunities.
- Share findings with M&A Manager & Senior Management
- Manage existing partnerships to ensure profitability.
- Monitor local competitive activity.
- Manage Marketing Budgets
- Decide how money will be spent
- Communicate with Marketing and Communications Manager regarding marketing needs:
- Participation in Trade Shows
- Printed Materials
- Provide Marketing and Product Development Team with current Timac and customer productivity and news
- Weekly Dig
- Crop Scouting Reports
- Follow Timac Social Media
- Manage Human Resources/Recruiting Issues
- Follow HR protocol to effectively manage BU employees
- Work with Recruiters to fill openings
- Attend Management Committee & Sales Meetings
- Participate professionally as requested (presentations, discussions, etc.)
- Set a productive, professional example for the team.
- Develop sales forecasts, anticipating inventory needs.
- Manage local warehouses and shipping timing and expenses
- Develop a strategy to grow business.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers
- Manage expenses within your region/territory.
- Responsible for the overall performance and Gross Margin goals for your territory.
- Achievement of annual financial goals and objectives (budget) set by the Executive Management Team on an annual basis,
- Net sales revenue
- Warehousing and logistics costs
- Commercial costs, which include:
- Commercial team compensation
- Regional marketing expenses
- Travel and entertainment expenses
- Training and meetings expenses
- Responsible for the collection of receivables for the Business Unit
You are also expected to provide accurate and complete sales and gross margin projections for the Business Unit from time to time, as needed by the Executive Management Team.
- Broad knowledge and experience in the agriculture field
- Above average skills in communication and math
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to individuals and/or groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example, train and develop employees
- Ride with sales reps on a regular basis
- Visit with distributors on a regular basis
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience: Bachelors in Agronomy or a related field
- Years of experience: 5
Other requirements: Certified Crop Advisor certification desired