Scoular is an employee-owned $6B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of animal feed, aquafeed, pet food, and food, beverage, and supplements. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Sr. Systems Analyst role is accountable to develop core skills and working knowledge of Scoular business practices and operations through straightforward projects, and other duties requested by the manager. Our team is responsible for implementing new systems in transportation/logistics operations for Scoular. Preparing testing plans, test master data/transactional data and executing tests alongside business users is an important responsibility.
- Preparing testing plans, test master data/transactional data and executing tests alongside business users is an important responsibility.
- Training users on new functionality and providing quality documentation for sustained change management is required
- Ability to work with IT operations management systems like ServiceNow and Jira
- Work with business users in defining the system processes around transportation, warehousing, and freight management.
- Documenting the requirements for solutioning logistics processes, and process documentation of the systems for enhancements, implementations, for BI analytics, and KPI dashboards is core of the responsibilities
- Work with business users daily to understand opportunities for system improvements and managing the IT development priorities in delivery of enhancements/new initiatives is required.
DevOps and Agile operational experience with projects/product roadmap-based enhancements implementation
Working with Agile methodology in constructing Epics and Stories, Kanban methods in managing tasks on enhancements involving multiple teams of organization
Working with IT teams and with external partners like truckers/ocean carriers/warehouses in building quality systems integrations to exchange information.
Working with cross functional teams within the organization to build end to end logistics IT solutions
- Software Integration execution by develop integrations working closely with integration leads for areas where data is both pushed and pulled from different software platforms to enhance a more fully integrated and automated environment
- Communication and Collaboration with Management, Users and Digital teams
- Create and present documentation/videos for management, users and business units as to newly created agile products, solutions and opportunities. Work with Digital Business, other IT Teams, business units and other Scoular departments to identify areas of need and areas of potential efficiencies and growth. Maintains on-going relationships with business users, IT staff and Leadership while exhibiting Scoular Values on all tasks and actions.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, MIS, or other relevant undergraduate majors or 5+ years of work experience
- Prior experience of rail/container/barge/truck shipping in agriculture industry
- DevOps and Agile operational experience with projects/product roadmap based enhancements implementation
- Working with Agile methodology in constructing Epics and Stories, Kanban methods in managing tasks on enhancements involving multiple teams of organization
- Ability to Create and develop functional design specifications and gap/fit analysis documentation
- Ability to work with technical teams to design, test, and implement customizations
- Provide end-user training and end-user support throughout the implementation
- Perform ongoing support and configuration assistance to business units as needed via email, phone, or Microsoft Teams
- Work with consulting and support partners to support and resolve technical and functional issues in the system
- Provide testing support using modern techniques in unit, UAT, and integration testing
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills
- Self-starter who is motivated and team oriented
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written skills
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to present informative, well-organized documentation and artifacts
- Knowledgeable in current technology trends and development of best practices
- This position can be located in any Scoular corporate office: Overland Park, KS; Omaha, NE; or Minneapolis, MN.
- Working experience with Microsoft power BI tool in building KPI reports