|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
An employee-owned company with over US$6 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, South America, and Asia. For over 127 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe. We hold ourselves accountable to the values of integrity, curiosity, perseverance, inclusion, compassion, and stewardship, while encouraging our employees to ‘Own what’s possible’!
This role requires a good balance of broad perspective and detail-orientation, with a curiosity that helps accelerate learning and drive improvements. The candidate must have strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence action, while being accountable and holding others accountable.
· Lead and execute the accounting activities for the Food & Nutrition business, ensuring accurate and timely recording of business transactions, compliance with company policies and authority levels, supporting weekly estimate reporting, leading the monthly close process, and partnering with the team to improve the quality and productivity of processes.
· Support assistant controllers in executing the accounting activities for assigned business/trade units and/or business activities, ensuring accurate and timely recording, and compliance with policies. For assigned trade units, lead and execute the monthly close process. Partner with the teams to improve processes and reliability of results.
· Food Admin - Provide accounting support for Food Administrative functions.
· Miscellaneous - Actively engage in various process improvement or other projects.Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar
· 3+ years of accounting, preferably in agriculture/trading environment
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Proven desire to add value and drive process improvementTo apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION