The Security Systems Analyst is a core member of Scoular’s Security Risk Management team and is primarily responsible for ensuring that IT systems are engineered and designed in a secure manner and post-deployment, systems security is implemented and maintained. The primary responsibilities include delivering tools and solutions with industry standard security measures while they satisfy pre-defined functional and user requirements. The role also supports developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer network security systems, preventing misuse and malicious behavior and outlining constraints and restrictions within security policy. The Security Engineer reports to the IT Manager and acts as a primary interface to senior IT and business management for all security engineering matters. This position involves both hands-on technical work, and time spent consulting and advising on security risk across the organization. Security Systems Analyst is a key player in a high-performance team to deliver security related digital objectives set for IT by business partners.Requirements
- 5-8 years of experience as a successful enterprise security lead in a heterogeneous environment
- experience in security architecture and Security Risk Management practice
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience with Tier 2/3 end user support.
- Administrative experience with commercial IAM tools
- Working knowledge of IT-related laws and compliance mandates (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley 404, PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, Personal Information Privacy) is desired.
- Great interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Strong written communication including presentation skills
- Professional planning and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise architecture and data frameworks and best practices
- Knowledge of business process engineering principles and process – technology- people intersection compliance areas
- Experience in configuring, implementing and leveraging computer security and networking diagnostic/monitoring tools
- Enterprise security IT design concepts and strategies, vulnerability testing and remediation techniques
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, ITIL)
- Good understanding of LAN and WAN technologies,3-5 years preferred
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware,VDI), 2-4 years preferred
- In-depth networking knowledge (OSI network layers,TCP/IP), 3-5 years preferred
- VoIP experience is a plus
- Experience partnering with peers to find an appropriate balance between operations and security
- Capable of analyzing large amounts of disparate data to produce easily understandable content for leadership
- Bachelors’ degree with 3-5 years of IT experience or Masters’ degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study with 5 to 8 years of IT experience
- Advanced degree in Information Technology focusing on Cyber Security skills.
- Advanced training and certifications in specific cyber security activities, operating systems, networks, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Azure AD, ADFS, SSO, multi-factor authentication, SAML, or Privileged Access Management.
- Ability to communicate technical information in understandable business terms
- Experience with the following technologies preferred
- Switches and router
- Firewalls and other network security devices
- Wireless networks
- VPN (IPSec, SSL, etc)