An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular's experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Sales Representative has primary responsibility to actively engage in the implementation of business unit and/or trade unit sales efforts to generate and meet revenue and growth targets. The Sales Rep will generate sales leads, initiate new customer contact, uncover customer needs and propose solutions for new and existing contacts. This role will be responsible to bring new business to closure while maintaining and growing established customers through active collaboration with with internal Scoular teams.
Manage assigned Sales
- Plans, organizes and performs sales and marketing activity as assigned by the sales or business leader.
- Contributes to business group P&L based on set sales metrics.
- Incorporates input from Scoular managers, customers and vendors to test thought processes and complete business decisions in partnership with the manager; choose the appropriate level of risk for their business; understand and respond to the drivers in the marketplace; and maintain strong customer and vendor relationships to understand customer needs and what is important to their business.
Demonstrate consistent business success and growth.
- Understands, analyzes and uses basic merchandising and/or sales fundamentals correctly to respond to and profile customers to improve the effectiveness of the business.
- Aggressively pursues new customer targets and maintains a robust customer pipeline to drive margin growth.
Understands and applies pertinent trade rules and incorporates into contracts.
- Negotiates pricing, logistics and execution related items with the customer.
- Utilizes Scoular tools, processes and procedures to expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints, driving continuous improvement.
Conduct sales and marketing activities.
- Sales and marketing activities will include but not be limited to lead generation, making initial contact with new prospects, developing logistics solutions that are competitive in the market, and closing new business for the benefit of the business.
- Profile customers and document all sales activity to improve the effectiveness of our sales and marketing efforts.
- Utilize applicable internal IT systems to sales activity.
Partnering with Internal Resources.
- Monitor the effectiveness of logistics and documentation support in the execution of the solutions.
- Participate in conference calls to gain global insight, share market knowledge and identify best practices.
- Build strong internal networks with consistent and effective communication channels.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRequirements
- Bachelors of Business Degree from a University or equivalent industry experience
- 1-3 Years of Sales, Marketing, Merchandising or related experience in agribusiness
- Credible, persuasive and positive customer service skills
- Ability to organize, problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential employee and company information
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a strong mathematical aptitude
- Must possess valid drivers' licenses and ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Can work independently or with a team