|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Scoular is an employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 129 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular’s experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Plant Operator will perform a variety of tasks involved in the processing and handling of the Meal Plant. Responsibilities include the safe and sanitary operation of plant equipment, food safety and quality inspection and other tasks as needed while ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety policies.
• Operate all equipment as outlined in SOP to achieve optimal performance as measured in yields, production targets and quality measures. Notify Plant Manager of mechanical problems and assist with basic troubleshooting.
• Work safely, complying with all safety, quality and sanitation policies and procedures and proactively identify and report potential safety hazards so they can be corrected.
• Adhere to production schedule and operating standards and investigate and report any deviations.
• Correctly carry out and document required quality checks and constantly monitor the quality of the products through the manufacturing process.
• Collect samples throughout the production process and perform basic laboratory analysis as required.
• HS diploma or GED required.
• Experience working in a production/plant environment; with high preference within the fish meal industry.
• Knowledge and ability to perform maintenance, unnassemble and reassemble high speed production machines such as Alfa Laval high speed units (decanters and oil separators)
• Ability to make adjustments and replacements of worn items on steam driers and twin screw press.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently; bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Ability to learn company-specific programs and operational equipment controls.
• Ability to enter production data into a computer terminal
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to safety and effectively coordinate multiple projects/tasks
• Able & willing to work all shifts/schedules (12 hours shifts/nights/weekends/holidays) as needed, including overtime
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION