Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Multiple positions and locations available.
As a Seeds Sales Intern at Syngenta, we will help you develop an understanding of customer needs by engaging growers and resellers in solution-based consultative selling. You will have the opportunity to gain product and technical expertise; refine your communication, presentation, and leadership skills; and build a thorough understanding of company structure, roles, functions, and core values. District managers will coach and mentor you to help achieve your development goals. You’ll also receive:
- Competitive wages
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects
- Networking opportunities with leadership
- Achieve sales targets within a given territory
- Manage and support customer base
- Training is provided in house and guidance is provided by management and marketing
- Develop skills and experience to further your career
- Implement sales strategy to achieve sales objectives in assigned territory
- Provide market intelligence and territory opportunity information, maintains CRM data as part of the process
- Advise channel partners on presentation of products and promotional materials
- Manage simple customer relationships regardless of direct or indirect channel
- Identify and analyze customer needs to the sales management and marketing organization
- Develop basic product knowledge
- Receive direction and assistance from Manager or more experienced Sales Rep in non-routine matters
- Develop accurate volume of product to be sold as required by Sales Manager
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be actively pursuing a Bachelor or advanced degree in an Agriculture or related discipline, with a graduation date on or after December 2022
- First-hand knowledge of farming is a definite asset
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and trends and requirements for pest control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, be self-directed and to work as part of a team
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act FMLA Poster - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's EEOC poster - Employee Polygraph Protection Act EPPA Poster - .