At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking an Agricultural Electrician/Argus Control Systems Technician , to be located in Alva, Florida.
Maintain facility electrical equipment in safe and reliable operating condition:
Inspection and verification of equipment condition.
Routine maintenance and adjustment of facility equipment.
Testing and diagnosis of faulty electrical equipment.
Specify appropriate replacement components.
Repair and replacement.
Respond to unplanned failures / repair needs. This position includes a rotating on-call requirement.
Additional maintenance activities as required; e.g. mechanical, structural, or building maintenance.
- Ensure electrical equipment is maintained to national standards.
- Identify equipment requiring maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Accurate and timely diagnosis of faulty component.
- Consistently follow safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Provide effective feedback to stakeholders on progress of repairs and maintenance.
- Will work independently with accountability to manager for daily progress reporting.
- Installs new or replacement electrical components or systems.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Technical knowledge of three-phase commercial / industrial wiring systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows operating environment.
- NFPA 70E compliance, certification and updates.
- Maintain safe and reliable operation of farm electrical systems.
- Learn to operate and maintain specialty control systems; e.g. Argus greenhouse controls, .
- Learn routine water plant operations, and perform routine checks and adjustments to same.
- Learn roles of key stakeholders and methods to keep them informed of work status.
- Knowledge of safe electrical work requirements (e.g. Lockout / Tagout).
- Able to test and diagnose faulty components in wiring systems up to 480v three phase.
- Capable of diagnosis and repair of industrial motor controls.
- Able to install and configure programmable devices; e.g. PLC, industrial loop controllers, irrigation, temperature controllers, VFD controls and Argus irrigation controls, Centaur software program.
- Able to diagnose and repair sensor systems; e.g. temperature sensors, transducers, limit switches.
- Telecommunications, Data system installation, expansion and repairs.
- Five years experience in electrical construction.
- Five years experience in a maintenance or diagnostic role.
- Two year experience selecting or specifying electrical replacement parts.
- Familiar with low voltage control systems. E.g. fire alarms, security systems, irrigation control, industrial PLC.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and skills.
- Capable of working safely under time pressure.
- Able to communicate with stakeholders in oral, written, or electronic communications.
- Must be able to lift 75Lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to be on call and respond to service calls and arrive at the facility within 45 minutes.
- Must be available to work weekends approximately 25% of the Schedule
Certified as a State licensed Electrical Contractor is a plus
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays plus 3 floating holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
- Rate 24-26 an hour
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert