STINE REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Stine Seed Company, a privately-held, national seed company, currently has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager in West Central Illinois. This represents an excellent opportunity to grow both professionally and financially with one of the industry s most respected corn and soybean seed companies.
What We Offer:
- Established sales network with dedicated dealers
- A 30-plus year reputation for quality seed products
- Competitive pay, coupled with significant performance-based bonus opportunities
- Employee benefits including company vehicle, 401K, and health insurance
The Regional Sales Manager/Agronomist will serve as the primary coordinator for sales, agronomy information, and support for the Independent Sales Representatives (ISR) he/she serves. RSA s primary responsibilities fall into two main categories as follows:
1. Sales Support
- Learn and understand day-to-day needs and issues of assigned ISRs through regular communication and by spending a minimum of 3 days a month in the territory with the ISR.
- Assist ISRs in the development and management of key prospect lists and monitor their progress toward stated goals.
- Assist ISRs with new dealer and direct grower recruitment.
- Assist in the development of relationships with key growers and dealers.
- Evaluate ISRs on sales performance and provide recommendations regarding any changes that should be made to improve productivity of the sales region.
- Evaluate candidates for potential or existing ISR openings and work to fill those vacancies as needed.
- Represent Stine at career fairs and other recruiting functions.
- Responsible for evaluating territory and making changes as needed.
- Conduct business plan meetings four times a year with the ISR.
- Conduct quarterly territory check meetings as directed by the Sales Director.
- Manage and allocate regional marketing budgets and plot seed allocations for assigned ISRs.
- Manage and allocate regional Flex dollars for assigned ISRs.
- Assist ISRs with the organization and planning of grower/dealer meetings.
- Organize and lead regional meetings.
- Assist ISRs with territory advertising campaigns and other sales promotions.
- Assist in the continuation of positive and timely communication between sales force, sales team leaders and other support personnel.
- Assist ISRs with corn and soybean shipping as needed.
- Provide marketing and sales input for future company programs and strategies.
- Attend and participate in sales/agronomy team member meetings.
2. Agronomy Support
- Help ISRs, dealers and customers determine the strengths and proper placement of Stine seed products within the assigned territory.
- Have a strong knowledge of both Stine corn and soybean products for that area. (You are to be the expert)
- Assist ISRs with product performance inquires and the evaluation of any agronomic issues involving Stine seed products.
- Assist with the development and design of Yield in the Field (YIF) Plots.
- Assist with the planting and harvesting of YIF Plots.
- Help with the organization and distribution of YIF plot seed.
- Candidates should have a previous sales management experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Candidates should have demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with multiple team members to meet established goals.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have proven ability to build/maintain strong relationships and achieve desired results.