Hobart Facility Manager
Reports To: GM of Operations
Position Summary: The Hobart Facility Manager will be responsible for the Sesaco Corporation facility in Hobart, OK. He will manage, supervise and oversee all aspects of the operation in support of company policy, provide leadership and direction as necessary to sustain company growth, establish procedures for maintaining high standards, product quality, reliability and safety. He will promote quality improvement efforts, and evaluate and develop improved techniques.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Develop a processing plan and be actively involved in developing a budget and delivering results against that budget
- Subject to Board approval, responsible for all capital improvements
- Chairman of HACCP and Recall Committee
- Schedule and coordinate all requirements necessary to meet or exceed production targets while maintaining quality standards
- Initiate and approve purchase requisitions for processing supplies, equipment and services
- Has the authority to hire, fire, promote, demote and/or discipline those employees reporting directly to the position
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for the following personnel: Processing, Maintenance, Sanitation, Office Staff, Warehouse
- Coordinates activities with Administration and QA
- Works closely with other Sesaco facilities by coordinating activities with Material
- Manager to coordinate raw material requirements, production needs and logistics
- Works closely with Sales Manager to maintain target inventory levels by item
- As required makes reports to the Board of Directors
Education: Bachelor s degree plus a minimum of two years of related experience in food manufacturing
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills
- Strong mechanical background with processing and packaging machinery.
- Ability to multi- task including maintaining processing standards while expanding processing capability
- Capable of prioritizing workload to maximize production
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong general reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong math and financial analysis skills
Competencies: An administrative ability to develop management reports and analysis
- Office and factory floor settings.
- Participate in off-sight Managers Meetings which involves travel.
- Possible other travel opportunities with customer visits or tradeshows.
- Exposed to dust, heat, cold, noise and high places
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains a safe and efficient operation by:
- Complying with all Local, State and Federal laws and statutes regarding labor laws, EPA, OSHA, government department regulations and any legal matters
- Ensures safety program is developed and fully implemented
- Ensures that an agenda for monthly safety meetings are developed and adhered to by all employees
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Report food safety problems to the GM, COO and/or CEO and initiate action.
- Train and nominate backup in case of absence and inform supervisor of the backup s contact information.
Ensures production meets or exceeds targets by:
- Developing a production plan based on target inventory levels
- Reviewing and adjusting the production schedule as required to meet inventory levels and shipping requirements
- Scheduling and overseeing all operational employees, assigning their duties, verifying and monitoring their progress
- Giving clear and precise instructions
- Resolving problems in an expedient way within budget
- Analyzing and reporting processing efficiency daily, weekly and monthly
- Including yield loss and throughput by seed origin
- Including conversion cost by seed origin
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing practices and Continuous Improvement practices, e.g.
- 5S and Kaizen techniques
- Developing, getting approval for and implementing equipment and process changes to improve processing capabilities
Ensures quality standards meet or exceed targets by:
- Reviewing and enforcing HACCP procedures
- Monitoring GMP s and enforcing compliance to all procedures to ensure product safety from raw material received to the finished goods delivered to the customer
- Overseeing all SSOP procedures and scheduling regular sanitation for all equipment, buildings and grounds
- Ensuring all quality procedures are being followed, addressing all non-compliance product issues and adjusting processing instructions to correct
- Coordinating with the Pest Control Provider to ensure all Pest Control procedures are monitored and enforced
- Ensuring that all customer complaints are acted upon in an appropriate fashion, investigating cause of complaint, developing procedures to avoid reoccurrence of the problem and monitoring results as necessary
- Performing internal inspections
- Complying with regulatory inspections
Ensures operation of equipment by:
- Assuring that a preventative maintenance program is in place
- Proactively addressing maintenance equipment and processing down times.
- Assuring that maintenance has the necessary resources to perform its responsibilities.
Maintains staffing requirements by:
- Implementing training programs to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Evaluating the performance of the employees by performing regular performance appraisals
- Building a strong team environment by inspiring and motivating personnel to act as a team
- Serving as a role model
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by:
- Staying abreast of new equipment, and procedures related to company needs and making every effort to use that information for the benefit of the company
- Reviewing trade publications, papers, attending seminars and classes as necessary