Scoular is an employee-owned $9B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,400 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe, innovative and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of food, animal feed, aquafeed and pet food. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Sr. Sales Representative has responsibility to actively engage in the implementation of business unit and/or trade unit sales efforts to generate and meet revenue and growth targets. The Sr. Sales Rep will generate sales leads, initiate new customer contact, uncover customer needs and propose solutions for new and existing contacts. This role will be responsible to bring new business to closure while maintaining and growing established customers through active collaboration with with internal Scoular teams.
- Plans, organizes and performs sales and marketing activity as assigned by the sales or business leader.
- Contributes to an accounting profit and loss as a contributor to the overall business group and based on set sales metrics.
- Incorporates input from Scoular managers, customers and vendors to test thought processes and complete business decisions in partnership with the manager; choose the appropriate level of risk for their business; understand and respond to the drivers in the marketplace; and maintain strong customer and vendor relationships to understand customer needs and what is important to their business.
- Understands, analyzes and uses basic merchandising and/or sales fundamentals correctly to respond to and profile customers to improve the effectiveness of the business.
- Aggressively pursues new customer targets and maintains a robust customer pipeline to drive margin growth.
- Understands and applies pertinent trade rules and incorporates into contracts.
- Negotiates pricing, logistics and execution related items with the customer.
- Utilizes Scoular tools, processes and procedures to expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints, driving continuous improvement.
- Sales and marketing activities will include but not be limited to lead generation, making initial contact with new prospects, developing logistics solutions that are competitive in the market, and closing new business for the benefit of the business.
- Profile customers and document all sales activity to improve the effectiveness of our sales and marketing efforts.
- Utilize applicable internal IT systems to sales activity.
- Work with and through the internal resource team to meet customer needs related to logistics, documentation, customer service and product quality.
- Build strong internal networks with consistent and effective communication channels.
Performance statement: In performing their responsibilities, employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor and independently while understanding the necessity for communication with other employees and throughout Scoular.
EEO statement: The Scoular Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelors of Business Degree from a University or equivalent industry experience
- 5-7 Years of Sales, Marketing, Merchandising or related experience in agribusiness
- Credible, persuasive and positive customer service skills
- Ability to organize, problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential employee and company information
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a strong mathematical aptitude
- Must possess valid drivers’ licenses and ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Can work independently or with a team
- Supervisory and leadership experience within a dynamic sales team preferred
- Scoular is a Drug-Free Workplace (for more information See the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 or your location’s Federal Workplace Poster)
- Scoular is an at-will employer. Employment is considered voluntary for employees and employers.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert