Scoular is an employee-owned $9B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more 1,400 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe, innovative and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of food, animal feed, aquafeed and pet food. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Sales Manager has primary responsibility to actively engage in development and implementation of business unit and/or trade unit sales efforts to generate and meet revenue and growth targets. The Sales Manager will generate sales leads, initiate new customer contact, uncover customer needs and propose solutions for new and existing contacts. This role will be responsible to bring new business to closure while maintaining and growing established customers through active collaboration with internal Scoular teams. This role will focus on food ingredient sales into the baked snack and cereal food segments.
Manage assigned business:
- Manages, plans, organizes and performs sales and marketing activity for products and services as assigned by the business leader.
- Manage an accounting profit and loss as a contributor to the overall business group and based on set sales metrics.
- Incorporate input from Scoular managers, customers and vendors to test thought processes and complete business decisions and choose the appropriate level of risk for their business.
- Understand and respond to the drivers in the marketplace
- Maintain strong customer and vendor relationships to understand customer needs and what it important to their business.
Establishes and drives consistent business success and growth:
- Understands, analyzes and uses basic merchandising and/or sales fundamentals correctly to respond to and profile customers to improve the effectiveness of the business.
- Aggressively pursues new customer targets and maintains a robust customer pipeline to drive margin growth.
- Understands and applies pertinent trade rules and incorporates into contracts.
- Negotiates pricing, logistics and execution related items with the customer.
- Utilizes Scoular tools, processes and procedures to expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints, driving continuous improvement.
Conduct and manage sales and marketing activities:
- Lead generation, making initial contact with new prospects, developing logistics solutions that are competitive in the market, and closing new business for the benefit of the business.
- Profile customers and document all sales activity to improve the effectiveness of our sales and marketing efforts.
- Utilize applicable internal IT systems to sales activity.
- May direct or personally supervise sales representatives and support employees.
In performing their responsibilities, employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor and independently while understanding the necessity for communication with other employees and throughout Scoular.
The Scoular Company is an equal opportunity employer.
#LI-LC1 #remote Requirements
- Bachelors of Business Degree from a University or equivalent industry experience
- 5-10 Years of Sales, Marketing, Merchandising or related experience in agribusiness
- Credible, persuasive and positive customer service skills
- Ability to organize, problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential employee and company information
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must possess a strong mathematical aptitude
- Must possess valid drivers’ licenses and ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Can work independently or with a team
- Supervisory experience to manage non-exempt and exempt level employees
- Ability to handle performance evaluations, discipline, conflict resolution and coaching