Scoular is an employee-owned $6B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of animal feed, aquafeed, pet food, and food, beverage, and supplements. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Software Solutions Engineer will build, manage and administer Scoular’s business process automations, workflow, and capture and document management software, including identifying and implementing new solutions. He/she will work with software, other IT teams and business units to implement time and cost saving solutions using an Agile methodology. This position reports into IT and is part of the Automation Team a pillar within the DA&A Group. The solutions created and maintained will help create efficiencies for both support and operations groups within Scoular.
- Manage and Lead Discovery meetings with Business Unit managers.
- Must combine a wide and diverse IT knowledge with a detailed understanding of the business processes to creatively leverage technology to develop efficiency-based solutions.
- Lead and collaborate with business unit managers, BRMs and other IT teams to affectively set expectations and to coordinate efforts and lead the team to a successful product/solution development.
- Build new projects, workflows and train new users. Identify new uses, communicate the value to business units and set up new projects, workflows and integrations in FileBound. Use complimentary tools like Psigen and other software to create the most value for Scoular.
- Build code to enhance existing IT applications and integrations and develop integrations where data is both pushed and pulled from different software platforms/db to enhance a more fully automated environment
- Manage Scoular’s document capture software (Abbyy, Psigen, ImporterPro), including alerts to identify problems with existing solutions. Identify new uses for the software that create the most value for Scoular, while weighing both the costs and the benefits.
- Create and present documentation/videos for management, users, and business units to newly created agile products, solutions, and opportunities.
- Work with Digital Businesses, other IT Teams, business unites and other Scoular departments to identify areas of need and areas of potential efficiencies and growth
- Support Scoular policy, management, decisions and accept the guidance of the manager. We are a service-orientated department. It is very important that our IT team achieves identified objectives and treats everyone internal or external of the EG group in a respectful manner and provide a genuine level of reliable and quality service
- Two years post-secondary required or equivalent experience or training
- Six to ten years progressive work experience
- High level of customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate information and think creatively
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to work independently to research and solve problems
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work on short notice when necessary (on call duties included)
- Ability to work with, communicate effectively with and influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with MS tools like Power App’s, Abbyy, FileBound, Psigen, coding experience
- Six or more years of business analysis and document management experience and expertise
- The ideal candidate must have six or more years of experience analyzing and creating solutions for a wide variety of businesses and business processes