Scoular is an employee-owned $9B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more 1,400 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe, innovative and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of food, animal feed, aquafeed and pet food. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Asset Trade Unit Manager manages all aspects of the defined trade unit, is responsible for the business outcomes and profitability and manages the operational activity for the business unit. This includes trading and position management, facility operations and execution, inventory management, personnel management, safety and compliance, forecasting and reporting. The Asset Trade Unit Manager is on the front line with the external market place using trade and execution acumen and global supply and demand information to create and keep revenue and manage costs within Scoular's risk parameters. The Asset Trade Unit Manager must be able to read and react to market changes in real time, optimize capacity and connect execution with the position and credit limits provided to them. Additionally, this position is responsible for the growth and development of team members in the trade unit as well as promoting collaboration across trade units and product groups within the broader enterprise.
Trading & Execution:
- Manages all aspects of the trade unit and is responsible for the business outcomes and profitability of the trade unit.
- Knowledgeable and aware of upcoming market trends, anticipate the impact and continuously monitoring competitive landscape.
- P&L and cash management within trade unit including weekly/monthly reporting. Responsible for having an accurate P&L.
- Understands external marketplace trends and uses trade and execution acumen and global supply and demand information to create and keep revenue within Scoular's risk parameters.
- Develop, support and execute a stakeholder plan to support, service, and connect with strategic and targeted customers at appropriate levels.
- Provide execution leadership to functional team (Logistics, Documentation Team, Merchandiser Assistants). Understand team's capacity and trade/execute within that.?
Operational Excellence Leadership:
- Accountable for planning and execution of operational and merchandising strategies for the facility(s) and trade unit.
- Develop and fulfill annual production and operating expense budget focused on providing Scoular with improving financial performance.
- Oversee all aspects of the physical assets, ensure that all regulatory requirements are met and Scoular policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Accountable for all aspects of inventory management, including product segregation, product conditioning, maintaining inventory quality, maximize mix and blend activities, controlling shrink, ensuring accurate weights and grades on inbound and outbound shipments, and achieving contract specification on all shipments.
- Brings local product expertise and is able to discuss products with customers providing deep market information including end-user industry analysis, customer capacity utilization, etc. Support Producer Origination programs.
- Accountable for providing impeccable service to our customers and proactively creating sustainable, long-term relationships.
- Manage/Coordinate transportation and logistics to ensure all transportation coordination needs for on-time deliveries are met. Ensure all rail and truck processes are in place to meet the locations shipping and delivery needs.
- Lead Facility teams in creating a culture of safety and continuous improvement by building engaged and empowered production teams. Production teams should be active and creative problem solvers that continuously seek the best option or solution for the business.
- Manage the employees and the facility with exceptional standards for safety for employees, customers, vendors and business partners who may visit the facility.
- Engage and inspire teams through inclusive leadership, making Scoular a great place to work.
- Drive high performance and individual growth and development amongst team members.
- Drive collaboration and sharing best practices across the trade unit to support new ideas.
Organizational Leadership & Effectiveness:
- Represent The Scoular Company with participation in industry associations.
- Responsible for the growth and development of team members in the trade unit as well as promoting collaboration across trade units and product groups within the broader enterprise.
- Identify and lead collaboration opportunities between businesses within the division and across divisions.
- Lead a culture that drives demonstrated behaviors that are aligned with the company’s values.
Performance statement: In performing their responsibilities, employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor and independently while understanding the necessity for communication with other employees and throughout Scoular.
EEO Statement: The Scoular Company is an equal opportunity employer. Requirements
- College degree in business related field or equivalent and relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Agri-business and/or merchandising experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing or operating a grain elevator, cleaning plant, mill or ag commodity processing facility.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of grain markets, hedging and commodity flows and knowledge of the agricultural industry’s trading standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and relationship building capability.
- Demonstrated aptitude in accounting and financial practices and procedures.
- Highly skilled in problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong business acumen and ability to drive forward and execute strategy.
- Demonstrated agility to navigate dynamic and everchanging environment.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Active involvement in industry agriculture association groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural macro economics.
- Direct people leadership experience and strong people management skills with proven ability to develop high performing teams.
- Scoular is a Drug-Free Workplace (for more information See the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 or your location’s Federal Workplace Poster)
- Scoular is an at-will employer. Employment is considered voluntary for employees and employers.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert