Parrish Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and food manufacturing that supports Canadian producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading and flour milling, PH has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 40 locations coast to coast, PH offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with our customers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the Montreal Lab and managing the overall quality system to ensure compliance with BRC standards.
• Manage the HACCP food safety program, act as HACCP team leader.
• Responsible for maintaining BRC/GFSI certification.
• Ensure the ongoing monitoring of all laboratory functions and provide supervision to laboratory technicians in a manner consistent with Company policies.
• Conduct internal audits and lead external audits.
• Recommend and implement changes to processes or programs which lead to the improvement of the overall quality program/processes.
• Fulfills all documentation requirements to satisfy customer/GFSI/regulatory requirements.
• Be responsible for the orientation and training of employees in the areas of food safety, GMP, HACCP and product quality.
• Trouble-shoot customer concerns and non-conformances as they arise.
• Monitor the quality of products and identify any trends based on the results.
• Supervise Quality Control Technicians in the lab.
• University degree preferred in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
• Formal HACCP training from a recognized training facility.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven knowledge of quality management systems and BRC/GFSI principles.
• Capable to organize, plan and execute tasks reliably and independently with minimum supervision.
• High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team.
• Proficient in MS Office.
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request