Parrish Heimbecker, Limited (PH) is a Canadian, family owned agri-business, with roots in the agriculture industry dating back over 100 years. Founded in 1909, PH is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically-integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, PH supports Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to domestic and international markets. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will be responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes. You will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as Identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the HACCP safety program, act as a HACCP team leader.
• Responsible for maintaining BRC/GFSI certification.
• Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
• Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
• Collaborate with technical sales representatives to ensure full customer satisfaction with the company"s products and services.
• Establish and maintain a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
• Support new product development, SRED projects, and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
• Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement.
• Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
• Coach staff to adopt and incorporate quality methods into their work.
• Create and maintain QA control documentation.
• Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities.
• University degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of direct work experience in a Supervisory role in QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
• Training in BRC, FSMA and/or SFCR (Safe Food for Canadians Regulations)
• Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
PH is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request