New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing that supports Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years. PH has invested and matured in the agricultural landscape over 100 years. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, PH offers you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented company with a variety of business segments.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and the strong business relationships we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
AZ Delivery Driver
Our team of professional drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of our finished feed products to customer farm locations in Ontario. You are part of a delivery team who work on a rotating master schedule, promoting work life balance. The successful candidates will work in cooperation with plant dispatchers to ensure on-time delivery to meet customer expectations. Drivers will assist in identifying maintenance concerns with vehicles in the fleet. Delivery personnel must possess a valid AZ Ontario drivers license and a clean driving abstract. A working knowledge of good manufacturing practices and HACCP principles will aid in completion of necessary traceability documentation. Preference given to drivers with agricultural experience. Compensation at competitive hourly rates.
• Must record an accurate log book, experience using an electronic logging device is an asset
• Able to load and unload trucks and deliver bulk and bagged products to customers and our various locations
• Must be familiar with Hours of Service Legislation
• Must be able to climb trucks in order to load and unload products (using appropriate safety equipment)
• An understanding working knowledge of quality control practices and procedures as per HACCP and GMP regulations, and capable of preparing reports and quality control records
• Must be prepared to meet the public and conduct themselves in a friendly and courteous manner
• Will be scheduled to work staggered start times and afternoon shifts, including some Saturdays or Sundays
• Must abide by and observe all safety procedures and company policies
• Assist in identifying service requirements of vehicles in the fleet
• Haul back of raw ingredients to the facility (safely loading at vendor locations)
• High School diploma is required
• The successful candidate must be in possession of an Ontario Class A-Z license in good standing with a clean driving abstract
• Must have a minimum of 3 years driving experience (with AZ license)
• Industrious and able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to follow verbal and written instructions
• Delivery experience in agriculture is an asset.
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish Heimbecker, Limited is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.