SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The General Manager directs and coordinates activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors, as well as provides maximum service to members and patrons in order that our cooperative will be recognized by everyone as an efficiently managed, soundly financed and democratically controlled organization, which renders a vital service to its members and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.)
- Plans develops and implements organization policies, corporate goals objectives as approved by Board of Directors Coordinates activities of divisions/departments such as operating, manufacturing, planning, sales, and maintenance, to effect operational efficiency and economy
- Reviews and analyzes business and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations; and discusses financial statements with the Board of Directors t? plan and revise objectives in accordance with business climate and opportunities
- Develops, negotiates, and maintains good working relationships with financial institutions
- Maintains current industry knowledge and market awareness to ensure efficient and sound business practices
- Directs and implements a performance review system for the employee base that correlates with a wage and salary plan that complies with the financial direction from the Board of Directors
- Directs preparation of directives to division/department staff outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented Promotes the organization in community activities, industry, manufacturing, or trade associations
- Provides excellent customer service by managing difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to customer needs, resolve questions, complaints and concerns immediately and meet commitments
- Effectively communicate by verbal and written means with customers, employees, and management Any other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- This position also directly carries out supervisor responsibilities through the assistance of division/department personnel in accordance with the organization's policies, process and all applicable State and Federal laws.
- Responsibilities include: planning, assigning and directing; addressing and resolving complaints and problems.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, documenting with follow-up; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, holding employees accountable with appropriate documentation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The qualifications, demands and environments described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years of general manager or departmental management experience.
- This position requires basic computer operation skills.
- Willing to seek out and attend additional continuing education, seminars, classes or other job-related education requirements or opportunities.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write various reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization and respond to questions from groups of managers, board of directors, clients, customers and the general public.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and business math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to think quickly and perform a mental assessment of workplace hazards, take appropriate precautions, and choose appropriate PPE as dictated by need, regulation, and labeling.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell; stand; walk; sit and climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- The employee may frequently need to climb ladders (may range from 20' to 180') and stairs.
- This may include structural ladders as well as climbing into applicator rig, large vehicles, and/or tractors.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees must understand and implement all related safety policies, procedures and programs for prevention and protection while performing job duties in various work environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and explosives.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually loud (although not believed to exceed the eight-hour threshold for working in or around loud equipment).
- Employee must understand and implement all related safety policies, procedures and programs for prevention and protection while performing job duties in various work environments.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee.
- I agree that I can perform the job described as stated above and am able to work in these conditions.
- This job description in no way alters "employment-at-will".