Top Ten Reasons You Should Attend
the 2013 AgCareers.com Ag & Food HR Roundtable
The 2013 AgCareers.com North American Ag & Food HR Roundtable is just around the corner and theearly bird registration discount is only available through next week! Plan to attend the premier North American event for HR and educational professionals in the agriculture and food industries. This one-of-a-kind conference is August 6-8, 2013 in Johnston, Iowa on DuPont Pioneer’s Campus. You won’t want to miss the great networking and educational opportunities scheduled for this year’s event.Click here to register for the AgCareers.com Ag & Food HR Roundtable and take advantage of the early bird discount by June 14, 2013.
In case you aren’t sure about attending or need help to convince your manager why it is important to attend, here are ten great reasons why every human resource professional, business leader, university/college career services staff and association representative within the agribusiness industry should attend:
- The AgCareers.com Ag & Food HR Roundtable is in its 11th year and offers the most unique and rewarding peer networking experience available in the agriculture and food industries.Click here to see the companies that participated last year.
- Relevant content around topics requested specifically by a committee of industry HR leaders. To see a list of the companies represented on the Organizing Committee, click here.
- Industry and key college/university professionals can interact with each other in one location during networking times. Not only are connections on this level necessary for successful internship recruitment and developing a pipeline of talent for the future, but it is a cost effective way to accomplish college recruiting initiatives by having the ability to interact with multiple organizations all at once. See who is already registered for this year’s Roundtable.
- Brainstorming sessions allow for idea sharing and industry benchmarking. New viewpoints can provide fresh ideas on best practices and policies that can be applied to your business.
- Time away from the office and daily grind is always rejuvenating. This conference is sure to do that!
- The Roundtable is an excellent opportunity to gain industry knowledge outside of your specific industry sector. We know that many human resource professionals don’t necessarily have an agriculture background, so this event is helpful to gain insight into the industry as a whole.
- FUN activities and a fast paced agenda – the conference wouldn’t be the same without the many networking activities, such as the Welcome Reception, Wednesday Evening Networking Dinner and optional breakfasts and tours. These events can all be found on the schedule of events.
- Program tracks designed to offer a one-of-a-kind customized learning experience. Not only do we offer several keynote sessions, we also offer two sets of concurrent sessions that are focused on varying track areas – HR Management, Recruiting Practices, and University/College focused content, along with NEW Small to Mid-Size Organization, Large Organization and Compensation & Benefits tracks. These tracks, as well as our keynote sessions, are being led by some exceptional speakers this year.
- This year’s Roundtable conference has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for recertification credit hours. Previous roundtable participants have received (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification.
- NEW for 2013 is the optional Compensation and Benefits Add-on Workshop. This special workshop will incorporate main sessions from the Roundtable along with supplemental sessions following the close of the Roundtable. These targeted sessions will address sales compensation, benefit programs, total rewards and more.
We would like to thank the conference host, DuPont Pioneer. As well, we’d like to thank our sponsors, Agriculture Future of America, Alltech, BASF, CHS, Dow, DuPont Pioneer, Helena, National FFA Foundation, Purdue University, PIC, Syngenta, Valent and Wilbur-Ellis.
For more information or to register, please click here. Register by June 14 to receive the early bird discount! We hope to see you in August!