Position Title: Vocational/Agriculture Instructor 6-12 Grade
Reports to: Superintendent/Principal
General Information: The Kim School District is located in rural Southeast Colorado. With a very small student/teacher ratio our students receive individualized instruction in a safe and secure environment. Teachers are encouraged to infuse creativity and develop their own style while ensuring that students master the Colorado Content Standards.
- Valid certificate/license issued by the Colorado department of Education.
- Appropriate endorsement for the teaching assignment, including CTE endorsement
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's Degree, minimum
- 1-3 years preferred, not required. Classroom Instruction and Vo-Ag Shop experience necessary.
- Classroom, Ag Shop, Outdoor activities likely, Travel is common with this post
Terms of Employment:
- Annually as approved by the Board of Education
Salary: Base pay of $29,300 per year, plus CTE stipend and experience/education steps. Minimum of $35,600 per year to start for qualified applicant (11 month contract). School housing provided for nominal rate.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of State and local standards and curriculum goals. Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all lessons, units, and activities.
- Instructs assigned courses of study and uses approved materials as adopted by the Board of Education.
- Develops lesson plans that, as much as possible, meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
- Meets and instructs classes in the locations and times designated.
- Differentiates instruction for students by employing a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and capabilities of diverse learners.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth and prepares progress reports as required.
- Assists the administration in implementing the District's philosophy of education, its policies and rules governing instruction, student activities and conduct.
- Administers group assessments in accordance with the District's testing program approved by the BOE and/or required by the State of Colorado.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; maintains fair and just order in the classroom appropriate to activity.
- Assists in the selection and requisition of appropriate instructional materials; maintains required inventory records.
- Maintains accurate, complete and appropriate records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in identifying pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and addressing health attitude and learning problems.
- Communicates pupil progress and program information to parents and encourages their involvement in their students' schooling.
- Makes reasonable provision for availability to students and parents outside the instructional day for required or requested education-related purposes.
- Participates in curriculum development and implementation.
- Maintains professional competence and growth through participation in District provided and self-selected staff development opportunities
- Attends and participates in staff meetings as required
- Becomes involved in faculty committees and sponsorships of student activities.
- Maintaining and growing the established FFA chapter at Kim School