- Competitive salary
- Small rural K-12 charter school in Southern Douglas County
- Student enrollment approximately 200 students
- 176 days per year + extended days for FFA Advisor duties
- 4 day school week
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% employee contribution towards PERS
- Excellent benefit package
Days Creek Charter School is a small, pleasant school in rural Days Creek, Oregon, approximately 35 minutes from Roseburg, Oregon. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about student success, enjoy collaboration, and are interested in being a part of a caring school community.
- Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Teaching Certificate, with subject area endorsement and grade level authorization.
- Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
- Ability to develop lessons that prepare students for academic and social success.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- A positive role model for the school/community.