|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
JOB TITLE: CLASSROOM TEACHER
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Students assigned to the classroom
WORKS WITH: Classroom aides, administrators, other classroom teachers, classified staff, parents, community members
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree and endorsements in the areas of teaching assignment. Current, valid South Dakota teaching certificate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Hand-eye, mind-eye coordination. Constant hearing; intermittent speaking, standing, walking, and writing. Frequent carrying, keyboarding, and other repetitive motions.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skills in human relations, leadership and conflict management. Knowledgeable of teaching techniques that meet the diverse needs of students. Demonstrated skills in the use of technology to enhance student learning.
EXPERIENCE: Successful student teaching
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Ability to Plan and Prepare Instructional Tasks
2. Provide Instruction to Students
3. Provide Effective Classroom Environment
4. Participate in Professional Growth Opportunities and Demonstrate Professionalism
5. Follow District and building policies and procedures
6. Support of District goals
7. Report student progress to parents and students
8. Perform other duties as assigned
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be determined in accordance with the evaluation policy and procedures of the board of education.
PUBLIC DEMANDS: Presents a proactive and positive image of the school, students, and staff, and fosters the district mission to educate and empower all students to become successful, contributing citizens in an ever-changing world.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION