JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating written communications with our members, our employees, and the press. This position will also arrange meetings requested by the President and senior management involving employees and customers. This position will also assist the President and senior managers with travel arrangements and confidential reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Must have experience setting up meetings and travel arrangements.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to keep information confidential and have good judgment in communication with customers and employees.
- Computer and data entry skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate the company phone system.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to deal with emotional customers and employees in person and by phone. Ability to resolve complaints.
- Ability to operate the coping and fax equipment at their office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years experience in a Graphic Design, Communications, or Journalism position
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture Communications, Marketing, or Communications.
- Responsible for publishing the company newsletter to members of the coop.
- Responsible for all company press releases. Will handle all contacts with the press.
- Responsible for all meeting planning, preparing meeting materials, and reserving and preparing facilities for meetings involving the president and the senior staff. A partial schedule includes: monthly board of directors meeting, annual membership meeting, annual management retreat, annual ladies meeting, and special meetings scheduled through out the year by the president or a member of the senior management staff.
- Responsible for scheduling communication sessions for the president with employees i.e. “lunch with Dave” and round table communication sessions with patrons.
- Assists the human resources manager and senior managers in scheduling and setting up training sessions during the year.
- Prepares and distributes monthly meeting notice, agenda, and board meeting packets for board of director meetings. Prepares minutes from previous board meeting and distributes. Assists the president in coordinating with the board committees.
- Maintains appointment and meeting calendar for president.
- Responsible for handling travel arrangements for the president and senior staff.
- Coordinates all advertising for the coop.
- Composes and types correspondence for the president.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies
- Undertakes special projects as directed by the president.
Job involves work inside a climate-controlled office atmosphere.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION at the top or bottom of this Job Posting.