The Retail Store Parts & Service Manager is responsible for the management of all parts and service operations and personnel based at the Company s retail store to maximize sales growth and support the overall Company goals.
- Develop plans & programs aimed at growing the retail store s business within the parts and service departments.
·Help retail store personnel solve customer product, parts, and service needs with required urgency.
- Work closely with the Retail Store Sales Manager to grow the store s business.
·Understand the Kuhn product lines and their parts & service needs.
- Establish industry leading service levels that are proactive and create favorable uptime to the customer.
- Work closely with key Sales, Product Support, and After Sales personnel within Kuhn s corporate offices.
- Continually grow market knowledge regarding farming/feeding trends and competitive dealership activities.
·Maintain retail store facilities and property; operating in accordance with Company standards and objectives.
·Present a helpful and favorable image of Company.
·Treat people fairly & maintain a productive team atmosphere.
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified personnel.
·Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
·Maintain confidentiality of Company information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others duties may be assigned.
- Develop and define retail store performance goals that are consistent with Corporate objectives. Develop and implement long and short-range strategies and operating processes to achieve objectives.
- Analyze retail store financial statements and reports to make objective, fact-based management decisions.
- Provide required retail store operation reports to management in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report market trends within the area served by the retail store. While responsible for the overall direction of the Parts and Service Departments, identify areas for additional opportunities within the parts and service operations. Meet regularly with the Retail Store Sales Manager to focus and coordinate the sales efforts of the retail store.
- Be accountable for all specific retail store functions, including personnel/customer safety, warehouse management, after sales, pre-delivery process, product support, truck mounting, shipping and receiving, proper data entry, and utilization of AS400, accounting software, and other KNA system tools used for wholegoods and parts inventory control, tracking and confirmations.
- Work closely with the Retail Store Sales Manager in the planning of store events related to open houses, customer training, machine introductions, and visits by Company staff/management/export department group trips. Serve as a local ambassador to all Company guests to present a favorable Company image.
- Work closely with Retail Store Sales Manager to research and develop proposals for capital expenditures and expense budgets.
- Ensure the regular cleanliness, maintenance, and organization of the retail store s campus and equipment. Work closely with Retail Store Sales Manager to plan and manage physical facility improvement and growth projects. Ensure that facilities are operating in accordance to all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Oversee the procurement of shop supplies, purchase parts, and associated vendor relations.
- Review supplier invoices and oversee the vouchering process for payments due. Submit Requests for Purchase (RFPs) when needed.
- Provide support/coordination to walk-in retail customers for a welcoming experience at the retail store. Work aggressively to address their parts and service needs and assist or re-direct sales questions to the sales staff.
- Travel to retail customers places of business on occasion, and to other Kuhn facilities, as appropriate.
- Provide support/preparedness for all on-site activities for retail sales, parts, service support, and non-retail store Company visitor events.
- Create, record, and track retail store metrics for the Parts & Service Departments that are meaningful for decision making.
- Use Company software such as AS400, Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, QuickBooks, and proprietary software to report and track details of the daily operation.
- Ensure accountability for all inventory accuracy, as regularly requested by the Accounting and Sales Support Departments.
- Cross check to ensure timely transactions for parts and service billing are complete and that all sold machine transaction paperwork is processed daily.
- Maintain good communications and work regularly with KNA corporate departments to include Parts, Sales Support, Logistics, Product Support, Accounting, and Human Resources to report and enforce Company policy.
- Understand, support, and communicate the KNA General Terms and Conditions policies, as they relate to retail store operations.
- Oversee the Company s Wellness Works Program at the retail store and coordinate local special events, as requested.
- Provide accountability and training of retail store policies, as well as, on government laws & regulations related to the retail store business operations.
- Directly supervise all parts, administrative support, & service personnel based out of the assigned retail store location. General responsibilities include, interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, performance evaluation, addressing employee concerns, and resolving problems.
- Communicate effectively with employees reporting to this position, as well as, with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain proper staffing of the location that efficiently produces added value.
- Ensure safe work processes are developed, communicated, and enforced.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the KNA policies and applicable laws including time clock/payroll reporting, performance appraisal, and disciplinary actions.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience A bachelor s degree in business or marketing and/or a minimum of five years retail store parts and service management experience is preferred. Knowledge of farming/agriculture, experience in the heavy industrial or agricultural equipment industry, and knowledge of computer system use in warehouse management is also preferred.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, blue prints, technical manuals/procedures, and sales and engineering documentation. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and solve problems with customers, dealers, and groups of employees at all levels in the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistics and probability. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, rations, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to assume responsibility for the results of decisions made.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Requires a valid driver s license issued in the state of the employee s permanent residence.
Skills/Abilities Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including computer and telephone/voice mail systems, fax machine, and copier. Requires a comprehensive understanding of Company products and the ability to occasionally travel. Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines.