The Environmental Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager will be responsible for a broad range of technical work across EHS disciplines to ensure a safe and healthy work environment, with an emphasis placed on reducing risk. The individual will lead corporate program implementation, agency required data collection and reporting, risk assessment, incident analysis, training and overall program management for all KUHN in North America entities, including two main manufacturing facilities in Brodhead, WI and Hutchinson, KS. The EHS Manager will perform work both individually and in cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop or assist in the development and implementation of environmental health and safety programs and activities for the facilities to achieve, maintain and exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as well and comply with KUHN s policies, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain compliance actions and reporting with all applicable regulations and/or guidelines established by OSHA, EPA, WDNR, KDHE, DOT, and other applicable agencies. Complete and submit all required regulatory reports on time. Identify and develop good working relationships with federal, state, and local authorities as applicable.
- Collaborate with operational teams to complete job hazard analysis, PPE hazard assessments, ergonomic assessments, and implement appropriate policies and procedures to mitigate risks.
- Lead incident management process to determine cause(s), prevention, and corrective measures.
- Prepare and conduct employee training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics. Track EHS training needs, compliance, effectiveness and propose any necessary changes.
- Proactively ensure environmental compliance and sustainability initiatives (e.g., air, waste, pollution prevention, chemical inventory, etc.)
- Ensure that Safety Data Sheets (SDS), transportation manifest, data logs, training and testing verifications are maintained and readily accessible, when required.
- Coordinate and assist in the execution of capital EHS projects to ensure compliance with requirements and completion on a timely basis. This includes recommendations of EHS capital equipment purchases and other equipment to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Interpret and assess complex environmental regulations and issues, focusing on maintaining and enhancing the facilities flexibility and business advantage.
- Facilitate employee EHS engagement, support, training, and enforcement.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of EHS metrics and measure performance against Key Performance Indicators to drive strategic and tactical plans.
- The EHS Manager reports directly to Kuhn North America s President & COO, with dotted line responsibility to the Kuhn North America, Inc. & Kuhn Krause, Inc. Directors of Operations.
- Internal relationships include support and collaboration with human resources, who are responsible for effective injury/illness case management, return-to-work programs, and recognition activities supporting the Safety Works program.
- External relationships include contacts with government agencies, loss control partners, and corporate level request and reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience A Bachelor s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene or related major and/or five or more years in an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer, Specialist or Manager role in a manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred.