At Kenna, we’re proud of our reputation for retaining great employees. And we’re equally proud of the fact that our continual growth means we’re almost always on the lookout to add to our great talent.
Innovation. Creativity. Integrity. Empowerment. These are our core values at Kenna. For the past 30 years, Kenna has attracted the highest caliber of employees to join our dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of experts who work together to deliver strategic, marketing, digital and creative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them meet their business objectives, build loyalty and deliver a best in class customer experience.
If you’re looking to learn, grow, innovate and make an impact, this could be a great opportunity for you. And us!
About the Role:
As an Account Director, you will share your passion of strategic planning, brand development and customer centricity with our clients and Kenna. You will leverage your industry experience and knowledge to provide quality marketing solutions to dynamic clients. You will act as a trusted adviser to the client, working with key teams to develop proactive and responsive strategic proposals that drive value for the business.
As the Account Director, you will be a key client contact, providing ongoing council, strategic guidance, as well as short and long term integrated (CRM, media, communications & digital) solutions. You are accountable for the relevance and quality of every activity associated with the business. You have an in-depth knowledge of your client’s business and industry and are expected to ensure all work is strategically planned, executed and delivered flawlessly.
What you will do:
- Support clients in annual marketing planning
- Develop detailed marketing plans to achieve market impact and business success
- Develop proposals (including cost estimates), briefs, marketing campaigns, communication strategies and budget estimates as required
- Lead the agency’s strategic and creative response to briefs
- Provide clear direction to cross-functional teams on all client program/project requirements through consistent, high standard briefs and documentation
- Build strong relationships with clients and client teams across all solutions
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of client’s business, objectives, products, programs, brands, competitors, strategies, etc.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of loyalty marketing and client/customer engagement strategies
- Be actively involved in business development to help identify new opportunities
- Consistently demonstrate strong business leadership skills across key areas: client relationship & leadership, team leadership, agency collaboration, marketing/digital/creative innovation and financial management
- Oversee project financials, including cost/budget reconciliation, billings, purchase order management, scope creep management & documentation and overall financial health of projects
- Manage, lead and mentor colleagues as required
- Minimum 7-10 years of business experience in a related field with a combination of marketing, digital and agency experience
- Prior experience managing successful marketing/digital/customer experience campaigns, journey mapping, customer loyalty and insights
- Proficient in digital marketing, CRM, social media, programmatic advertising and digital media is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications
- Previous Canadian agriculture experience
- Proficient with MS Office products (Windows, Word, Excel; PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to adapt to an agile environment driven by rapidly changing requirements and tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal, self-starter and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to lead the business, including strategy
- Determined professional with the ability to take a proactive and highly organized approach to motivate, persuade and deal with a broad range of people, from clients to peers
- Demonstrated ability and comfort working with senior client stakeholders
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills
- This position will be based in Calgary, Alberta 30-40% travel is required.
Kenna is an equal opportunity employer.