Responsible for coordination and management of approximately 50,000 sows and approximately 1.5 million market pigs annually. A successful candidate demonstrates a history of team leadership and process execution to achieve common goals. This leader will display a passion for mentoring team members and developing future leaders. Responsibility includes the oversight of sow production, growing pig production, health management, pig flow, transportation, marketing, and producer relations. Travel is required as needed. A minimum of 10 years of swine industry experience with a strong preference for breeding and growing pig management experience. Minimum of 5 years of team management experience.
(Order of essential functions does not indicate importance of function)
- Ultimate responsibility for P&L of Region
- Review financials, costs, and capital projects, and other defined performance metrics monthly and quarterly
- Budget development and forecasting of production numbers.
- Set and manage team goals (KPI’s), performance and development.
- Manage contract grower relationships and negotiation of contracts as needed.
- Attract, retain, and develop new team members.
- Ability to collaborate and sharing best practices to support success of JBS Live Pork
- Support Shared Service teams to ensure process implementation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage all aspects of approximately 50,000 sows and their offspring across multiple locations.
- Continual improvement in production and financial performance.
- Ability to manage multiple teams in multiple locations.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data and make effective decisions.
- 4-year degree or minimum of 10 years applicable experience required.
- Minimum of 5-years of team management experience
- Including conflict resolution skills
- Minimum 2-years P&L management experience
- Including working knowledge of cost and performance analysis, including financial statements
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and motivating teams.
- Strong project management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of all the following:
- Breeding swine management
- Growing/finishing pig management
- Swine animal welfare standards
- Biosecurity and health management processes and procedures
- Safety and Environmental
- Ability to work with all office equipment is required.
- Ability to travel regularly, including overnight as required.
- Animal confinement conditions
- Extended hours are required as needed.
Interested in joining our Team? Submit your Application Package by clicking the APPLY TO THIS POSITION icon.