The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Senior Marketing Manager is primarily responsible to drive the strategic direction within product categories and represent customers’ requirements and market dynamics across the organization to drive innovation and quality for the potato categories. In this role the Senior Marketing Manager will develop and execute cross-functional category marketing plans, lead the product life cycle, identify opportunities for growth, and cost savings across the organization. This role supports the organization in delivering volume and profit objectives for multiple assigned categories by taking a holistic approach to the business. This position works closely with Sales and Marketing, Sales Operations, Manufacturing, and Quality and Innovation.
- Develop and lead development product line optimization strategy and execution that encompasses product brand development, product improvements, and optimization of financial performance within a product category
- Drive, manage and accountable for a marketing strategy and the product lifecycle management of assigned brand and customers including product inception/ideation, brand consolidation, line extensions, SKU rationalization, product optimizations, and cost management.
- Successfully manage 2+ categories/sub categories and partner directly with manufacturing facilities, manage product lines with 50+ SKUs and oversee branded and customer labels
- Successfully collaborate and lead cross functional teams for product lifecycle management, execute product strategies and support customer requirements
- Work closely with outside service providers to develop a strong understanding of market and category dynamics and communicate key insights to the organization
- Utilize data and research information to develop insights and create annual marketing plans
- Partner with Marketing Operations to develop tactics to support annual brand or customer initiatives
- Manage assigned annual marketing budget for maximum return on investment
- Conduct market visits with Simplot Sales team to drive alignment with customer strategy, understand the customer and validate marketing program effectiveness
- Successfully manage competing priorities to deliver profitability on plans, competing priorities and projects at a time
- Act as coach and mentor others on the Marketing team
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing from 4-year college or university required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience with foodservice marketing experience preferred
- Ability to travel 30% of time including travel to conferences, customer meetings and facilities in North America
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of marketing principle, foodservice industry, market research and business acumen
- Proven business acumen skills and ability to understand and apply P&L financials, analyze financial data and apply to marketing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and proven ability to successfully multi-task and manage unexpected demands of daily activities, multiple priorities and projects at a time
- Exceptional presentation skills, strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage large projects across boundaries
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
|8+ years related experience and/or training|
Job Requisition ID:2400
Travel Required:Up to 25%
Location(s):Simplot Headquarters - Boise
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.