|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
J OB T ITLE : Feed Mill Manager
R EPORTS T O : Feedlot General Manager (in GM’s absence reports to Assistant General Manager).
FLSA S TATUS : Ag Exempt, Salaried
F UNCTION : Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in grain processing, repair, maintenance, and daily operation of feed mill by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
E SSENTIAL D UTIES AND R ESPONSIBILITIES :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages 1 subordinate supervisor and 5-6 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Minimizes mill downtime by completing maintenance requirements and scheduling maintenance/repair; develops and implements mill preventative maintenance program.
• Monitors quality control of commodities received through regular inspection.
• Maintains quality of finished feed rations by using quality ingredients, following recommendations from consulting Nutritionist and overseeing grain processing.
• Complies with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations; maintains appropriate compliance records.
• Sets a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicates critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitors workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior.
• Develops department capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
• Manages department supplies inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Q UALIFICATIONS :
• Undergraduate degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION