The Software Application Developer will design, build, test, implement and maintain applications to meet specific customer requirements using existing languages. They will also include the development of methodologies to carry out these activities. The Software Application Developer understands a range of applications and how to transfer the customers’ needs into real and robust applications. Software Application Developer must understand customer requirements as well as the tools to develop the application in the most effective way. Developer must gain a thorough understanding of the business processes and constraints.
Essential Functions and Basic Purpose:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated projects and local/remote development team to ensure that the goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time, scope and resource parameters.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel through the Software Development Manager.
- Outlines work plan and works with Software Development Manager to assign duties, personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within proscribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for Software Development Manager.
- Confers with other team members to provide technical advice to the customer support team.
Education & Experience:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Must have experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, SQL, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of Delphi (Object Pascal), Microsoft Office, PHP a plus
- Knowledge of Web services, data exchange and Application development
- Exposure to cloud development projects is valuable,
- Must have knowledge of algorithms, statistics, GUI design, database design
- Project management and leadership qualities
- Demonstrate a history of attention to detail and commitment to quality development.
A software development background is essential, as is demonstrated experience in team and project management. Direct experience in agriculture is highly useful and experience in the livestock sector is desirable. An ability to follow technology trends and to make founded suggestions on future technology deployments is desired. Experience with development of software interfaces. Prefer four to five years of IT experience with demonstrated success in projects and people leadership.