|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
The Agronomist role in Pasco, WA contributes directly to the success of CSS Farms with significant autonomy and responsibility of managing full farm agronomy and ensuring the healthy production of approximately 9,000 acres of onion, potatoes, and other crops.
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for agronomic growing decisions for a full farm suite including but not limited to potatoes, sweet corn, peas, and onions.
· Oversee and conduct scouting and hands-on field work, such as soil and plant tissue sampling and irrigation scheduling.
· Develop and execute on pest management strategies.
· Provide quality control oversight on key farm operations such as seed handling, planter spacing, and irrigation system uniformity.
· Assist in supervision of product quality assurance, including in-house laboratory
· Manage and oversee the coverage and timing of chemical application.
· Evaluate for plant maturity, including sugar testing in the field and in storage.
· Assist with chemical inventories and enforcement of food safety policies.
· Assist with chemical planning, budgeting, ROI evaluation, and fiscal accountability.
· Supervise storage management and bruise-free handling during harvest.
· Conduct research and development efforts and provide insight on key production issues, such as:
- Psyllid, zebra chip, and other disease control.
- New variety evaluation.
- Variety specific agronomy (seed spacing, fertility, etc.)
- Use of VRT to optimize cost per CWT and quality.
- Maximize water-use and fertilizer-use efficiency.
· Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
· Typical daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
· Harvest and planting seasons are busy and may require longer hours and some weekends.
· A completed Bachelor s degree in Agronomy or closely related field.
· A private applicators license or the ability to get one.
· A valid driver s license and the ability to pass vehicle insurance verification.
· A relevant Master s degree or the equivalent in experience.
· 1+ years experience in a similar agricultural role is preferred.
· Proficiency with Windows programs, and statistical analysis software.
· The ability to lead and manage people.
· Superior organizational and project management skills.
· Experience with GPS guidance, GIS software, and variable rate applications is preferred.
· Familiarity with irrigated crop production a plus.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION