The primary purpose of this job is to lead efforts to obtain and maintain registrations of Corteva Crop Protection products to enable the company the right-to-sell in desired U.S. markets at the right time. Individuals in this role must work effectively, both internally and externally, with large, diverse networks. On behalf of Corteva project and business teams, advocacy and influence with external regulatory authorities, such as the EPA, State regulatory authorities and Corteva partners in the commercial and science disciplines are required. Candidates will participate on business teams providing leadership on regulatory strategy and tactics contributing to the development and achievement of business objectives. Candidates will also engage in external organizations and committees to influence public policy and advocate for Corteva positions.
- Leads in the development, communication, and implementation of a US molecule regulatory strategy to obtain and maintain registrations ensuring the company has the right-to-sell in the local market.
- Participates on Local Product Concept Teams with Commercial and IFS, providing leadership on regulatory strategy and tactics contributing to the development and achievement of US business objectives.
- Coordinates country regulatory strategy development, communication, and implementation with the Global Regulatory Portfolio and Program Leaders, and Global Business teams.
- Personal and team leadership for the preparation and delivery of complex registration and data packages to meet US registration needs (federal and state).
- Maintains accountability for planning and management of the country regulatory budget for their molecules, will receive guidance from the Leader, US Regulatory or designee.
- Serves as a key advisor on country regulatory matters to the Global Regulatory Portfolio Leader and their respective networks.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of Corteva products and their registration status.
- Leads US Regulatory Teams made up of resources as needed to achieve a molecules local regulatory strategy.
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all regulatory submissions related to a molecule.
- Represents Corteva in working with Federal and State regulatory authorities to support product registrations.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key government representatives.
- Identify, prioritize, and work to resolve issues that could impact a registration before, during and after initial registration.
- Identify, communicate, and work to resolve issues that could have impact across registrations.
- Develops a working relationship with Government Affairs/External Affairs to plan and execute advocacy strategies to enhance registration success of their molecules.
- Represent Corteva regarding industry issues via participation on and leadership of task forces, working groups, etc.
- Maintains full awareness of a molecules regulatory program and provide timely communication to the RAS and Commercial teams of critical regulatory milestones and issues.
- Guide and mentor Science Subject Matter Experts, Regulatory Specialists, and Regulatory Assistants leading to create and carry out effective registration strategies for products
- Minimum of a B.S. in a science or engineering related discipline (organic chemistry, formulation chemistry, engineering, biochemistry, plant pathology, entomology, analytical chemistry, agronomy, toxicology, etc)
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in the agriculture industry (R&D, field biology, sales, supply chain, etc)