TheRole & Local Community:
Wecare about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place likehome, Corteva comes close.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking an experienced TrainingTechnician to join our Pacific Northwest region, covering our Hermiston andConnell locations. As a Training Technician, you will be responsible forproviding training to hourly and salaried employees at your assigned productionlocation(s). You will ensure all employees have a thorough understanding of Cortevassafety and quality standards and are able to apply learnings to their dailyresponsibilities. As the Training Technician, you will be responsible for allaspects of the technical training requirements to include the development ofnew training materials, maintaining the training calendar, performing thephysical training, and coordination of training events.
In this position, youll work primarily in a productionoffice setting with regular interaction taking place in a high traffic andactivity plant/warehouse areas, plus visits to field locations. High workloadwith long hours, possible shift work and weekend work will be required duringseasonal peaks. Frequent travel between our two facilities is required to successfullyfulfill the objective of this position.
Responsibilities- What You Will Do:
Howwill you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Determinetraining needs and requirements for the location on the following topics: Safety,health and environment; QMS and process work instructions.
- Leadthe training, communication and education efforts, with enthusiasm, energy andbelievability in what you are training.
- Developand implement training programs for employees on a variety of safety subjects,including occupational safety and health, fire protection, etc. Will assist indeveloping new process training aids when needed (i.e. Visual WorkInstructions, Standard Operating Conditions, Standard Work, TroubleshootingGuides, and Standard Operating Procedures) as well as auditing their use.
- Willalso serve as a backup in the absence of the subject matter expert in Safety,QMS, etc.
- Administrativeduties including taking safety meeting minutes, JSAs, SOPs & trackingemployee training requirements.
- Ensurethe completeness and maintenance of all records, documents or reports relatedto assigned safety and health programs.
- Mayassist with preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials tocommunicate key safety statistics.
- Mayconduct safety training at locations.
- Willlead efforts as assigned by management, which may include acting as SafetyCoordinator or other Process Improvement activities. Ensure safety programs areimplemented. Promote employee awareness of safety through training,publications, and safety statistics.
- Assistwith basic industrial hygiene functions such dosimeter & dust monitoring.Assist with required programs inspections (i.e. emergency lighting, eye wash)and visual inspection requirements (i.e. ladders, fall protection, fireextinguishers).
- Assistwith the implementation of new safety standards as they are released and/ormodified.
- Facilitatethe onboarding of new employees and contractors to ensure a thoroughunderstanding of Corteva policies and procedures.
- Mayconduct location tours as well as hands on training of equipment operations.
- Reiteratethe importance of Life Saving Rules and Core Values.
- Actas liaison with contract agencies regarding training requirements. Communicatewith and ensure contract agencies are training their employees on the requiredpolicies and procedures.
- Performaudits of required skill sets to identify training needs and skill levels. Mayassist in Incident Investigation and Safety Audits when necessary. Maycoordinate 1st party audit process at location and be a member of the RiskManagement 2nd party audit process.
- Supportlocation in record-keeping of Occupational Safety & Health programs andother certifications for regulatory compliance. This includes managing trainingattendance and records retention.
- Manage the GrowU trainingcenter and ensure completion of the assigned training.
Requirements-Who You Are:
Whatexpertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2-4 years on-the-job or related technical training or agricultural manufacturing experience.
- Equivalent relevant experience and education will be considered.
- Valid Drivers License
- Demonstrated skills in training, coaching, and leading others in a group setting.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Creativity is needed to keep materials interesting and fresh.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood training content.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Advance computer skills, specifically versed in Microsoft Office Suites; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willing and able to work overtime during peak seasons
- Experience in training and/or facilitation
- Proven ability to train effectively and convey detailed information to employees
- Ability to support and work with cross-functional teams
- Highattention to detail is needed to maintain awareness of existing and proposedchanges to policies, procedures and regulations.
- High organizational skills.
- Develop computer skills working withspecific Corteva programs, such as GrowU, CAMS, GEST, etc.
The following are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- OSHA 10-hr or 30-hr training certification preferred.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future atCorteva!
- Strikea better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity,paternal and family illness leave.
- Preparefor your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuitionreimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoyaccess to health benefits for you and your family on your first day ofemployment.
- Andmuch, much more!
Ready togrow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to thisopportunity today!