The Role& Local Community:
We careabout you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place likehome, Corteva comes close.
At CortevaAgriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, youwill be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving theworlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.Corteva has an exciting opportunity for a Training Technician to joinour team at our Tipton, IN triple-crop production facility. The Tipton site hassemi-autonomous work teams implemented, so this is the perfect site for topperforming candidates who are looking to grow or launch their career. If youwant to work with knowledgeable colleagues who take pride in their work and excelat everything they do, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We welcomecandidates who want to grow their career with us! In this role, you willprovide training to hourly and salaried employees to ensure all employees havea thorough understanding of Corteva's safety, continuous improvement, andquality standards and are able to apply learning's to their dailyresponsibilities. You will also have the opportunity to train location employeeson continuous improvement as well as Quality Management System procedures. Asthe Training Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of thetechnical training requirements to include the development of new trainingmaterials, maintaining the training calendar, performing engaging, hands-ontraining, and coordinating training events.
Lets peekat how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strikea better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paidmaternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Preparefor your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuitionreimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoyaccess to health benefits for you and your family on your first day ofemployment.
- Andmuch, much more!
Responsibilities- What You Will Do:
How will youhelp us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Trainemployees on our Learning Management System platform GROW-U as well as on ourCAMS procedures.
- Determinetraining needs and requirements for the location on the following topics: Safety,Health & Environment, Continuous Improvement, Management System, andProcess Work Instructions.
- Crediblylead training, communication and education efforts, with enthusiasm, andenergy.
- Developand implement hands-on, engaging training programs for employees on a varietyof safety subjects along with effectiveness evaluation methods and auditingprocesses.
- Performrelated administrative duties, including taking safety meeting minutes, writingJSAs & SOPs & also trak employee training requirements.
- Ensurethe completeness and maintenance of all records, documents, or reports relatedto all assigned training.
- Assistwith preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials to communicatekey safety statistics.
- Welcomeand onboard new employees and contractors to ensure a thorough understanding ofCorteva policies and procedures.
- Conductsite tours for interviewing or onboarding employees.
- Reiterateand role model the importance of Cortevas Values and Living Safely.
- Actas a stand-in Safety Coordinator and Improvement Coordinator when needed.
- Actas liaison with Contract Labor Agencies regarding training requirements -communicate with and ensure contract agencies are training their employees onthe required policies and procedures.
Requirements- Who You Are:
Whatexpertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Youhave proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- Youvalue health and safety! You will always work safety and follow all safetypolicies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely everyday.
- Youlook at problems as a way to find a solution and love solving them!
- Youvalue working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are acceptingof change.
- Validdrivers license
- Youcan work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- Youhave your High School Diploma or GED.
- Youare seasoned in industrial training and have 2+ years of Safety Trainingexperience in a Production, Continuous Improvement, Operations, Manufacturing, orAgricultural industry/setting.
- Youhave 2+ years of experience in Training and/or Facilitation is highly preferred
- Willing and able to conduct training sessions on different shifts, if needed
- Youhave experience with evaluating training effectiveness.
- Youhave demonstrated skills in training, coaching, and leading others in a groupsetting.
- Youhave the needed creativity to keep materials interesting and fresh and haveproven your ability to translate complex technical information into easilyunderstood training content.
- Youhave strong computer skills and extensive MS Office experience.
- Youunderstand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and arewilling and able to work overtime hours including weekend work required duringseasonal peaks to support achieving those goals.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
- AnAssociates Degree in a relevant field.
- 5+years of on-the-job or related Industrial Training, Manufacturing Training, orSafety Training experience.
- OSHA10-hr or 30-hr training certification.
- LEANManufacturing or Six Sigma Experience.
- Problemsolving tool experience, like 5 Whys, Root Cause Failure Analysis, etc.
Ready togrow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to thisopportunity today!