Are you looking to advance your career or even jump startyour career? Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a TerritoryManager in Quebec, Territory Eastern Qubec and North shore of the St-LaurentRiver. TheTerritory Manager will lead the sales effort forPioneer brand products and perform direct selling activities, provide agronomyservices to local growers, and serve as a coach and leader to a team of salesprofessionals. The incumbent will directly manage the assignment of customersand prospects to sales representatives. The Territory Manager also will provideleadership and vision for the distribution channel (representatives)in thedistrict.
If you are a natural leader, work hard, and independentlydriven, then this is the place for you! Corteva Agriscience offers an excellent benefits package that begins onyour first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k, health anddental insurance, vacation, a variable bonus plan, professional development,and much more!
- Manage sales representative and performancethrough the establishment, communication and clarification of expectations.Hold individuals accountable for meeting established performance standards.Call on customers with representatives and serve as a role model, teacher andcoach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customerresponsiveness. Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish aplan to capitalize on these opportunities with sales representatives. Provideagronomic support and advice to growers and prospects and manage direct sellingactivities to assigned accounts which includes developing and maintaining the relationshipand servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point ofsale.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technicalknowledge of Pioneer products and services and trouble shoots some customercomplaints and work to resolve them. Continually teach representatives new andbetter ways to meet the needs of the customer. Coach sales team to enhance sellingactivity, differentiate products and services and build relationships.Continually evaluate performance of individuals against standards and providefeedback that will enhance their sales performance. Provide necessary skillsand knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives. Recruit, selectand retain a high-quality professional sales force that can meet the needs ofcustomers.
- Manage assigned account responsibility at thesales representative level, focusing customer by customer. Set sales targetsand tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.Work with Area Sales Manager on customer and prospect management and territorymanagement. Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization onproduct performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggestimprovements or alternative tactics to help achieve district and area goals.Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies,management innovations and sales management developments.
To be qualifiedfor this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy required. Business, Marketing orother degree with related field sales experience would be an asset.
- OAQ (Ordredes Agronomes du Qubec) membership required.
- Bilingual in English & French required.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, managing and coachingindividuals.
- A valid Canadian driver's license with a responsible drivinghistory is required. The role requires extensive daily travel within a sales territory.
- Selling & Marketing methodologies and techniques.
- Usage of computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports,territory plans, inventory data, access Corteva information and completeadministrative duties.
- Great communications skills
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Lead and influence teams/projects and coach individuals inaccomplishing defined objectives/goals.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and operate withinbudget.
- Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.