Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an opportunity for a Senior Medical Technologist at our Haskell, Delaware location.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Supervise the medical technicians in the clinical pathology laboratory, ensuring that sample testing, instrument QC, linearity, validation, and other priorities are met in a timely manner. Organize the training of new hires.
- Review draft/final study protocols and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Review, revise and initiate standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Create, execute and evaluate clinical pathology instrument, testing, and computer software validation documents.
- Apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to perform a variety of routine and specialized laboratory tests in hematology, clinical chemistry, coagulation and urinalysis.
- Exercise independent professional judgement in determining the acceptability of results. Produce accurate and complete results. Recognize abnormal results and respond appropriately. Demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving and know when to seek appropriate consultation.
- Perform routine and quality control testing in accordance with established laboratory SOPs. Perform and document corrective action as needed. Review intra-laboratory QC reports and initiate proper action/response as needed.
- Operate, calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot routine and specialized laboratory instruments.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate documentation and records in the laboratory information system or manual logs.
- Review test results from laboratory staff to ensure adherence to current SOPs.
- Respond to audit findings from internal and external auditors.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Change work methods or schedule and modify behavior when necessary in order to adapt to various situations and changing work demands.
- Demonstrate professional, friendly, and courteous interpersonal skills in interactions with co-workers and management.
- Manage projects with minimal supervision from conception to finalized work product to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Interact with colleagues to identify needs and collaborate on strategies to address these needs in a scientifically valid, timely and cost-effective manner. This includes performing or delegating (to other clinical pathology team members) clinical pathology tests based on priority.
- Capable and willing to perform phlebotomy and work with radioactivity.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Pulmonary function testing and Respirator fit testing are highly preferred but not required. Only required if the candidate is needed in the Animal Room.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. or B.A. with minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a clinical pathology laboratory.
- Must be a *Certified* Medical Technologist, typically called an MLS degree.
- Certified by the ASCP.
- Must have prior experience working in a GLP environment.
- Must have extensive experience with, and understanding of, computer usage/software and laboratory data collection/reporting systems.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in the operation of clinical pathology analytical instruments (hematology, chemistry, coagulation, and urine analyzers) as well as microscopy of peripheral blood and urine sediment.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership, managerial, prioritization, organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in project leadership is preferred.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!