Seeking anew and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? CortevaAgriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an excitingopportunity for a Senior Buyer. The procurement professional haveexperience in preparing, negotiating, managing and coordinating agreementssupporting the procurement of Direct Materials, External Manufacturing &Industrial Gases in the Agricultural sector. Evaluates and selectssuppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability. Development ofprocurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses or commodity teams.Ensures competitive pricing service versus industry trends and market placedynamics. Resolves quality, service, supply and invoicing issues withsuppliers. Identifies and drives continuous improvement. Oversees contractimplementation and supplier performance/interaction; involved with resolvingoperational issues. Ability to lead teams by indirect influence. Experience with Category Management and Client Engagement concepts andpractices.
***This position has an option to be at our Chatham, Ontario locationor our Lethbridge, Alberta location. ***
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and deliver savings to meet business requirements and Procurement Organization objectives.
- Create and implement a procurement strategy.
- Areas of responsibility includes Direct Materials, Contract Manufacturing and Services
- Understand market dynamics, labor rates/market rates, etc. that impact assignment.
- Use of Auction Tools, RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and/or sealed bids.
- Create leveraged agreements as appropriate.
- Lead bid meetings.
- Lead supplier selection processes.
- Assist business to ensure a well-defined scope of work.
- Negotiate terms & conditions and create white paper agreements.
- Resolve supplier performance issues.
- Lead and enable effective resolution of emergency sourcing needs.
- Calculate and report accomplishments in all appropriate systems.
- Minimize single source situations by qualifying additional suppliers.
- Understand business needs.
- Demonstrate leadership as organization evolvesinto a Category Management
- BA / BS degree with preferred focus on Sourcing & Logistics, Business, Economics and/or Agricultural degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Seeds and/or Crop Protection knowledge preferred
- Commodity knowledge preferred
- Experience in working with intellectual property concepts and contractual language
- Previous leadership and/or management experienced preferred